• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggleswee

[Screaming in emoji]
    Years
    I've played a lot of Overwatch, made a few friends with that and some Origin games. Overall not much because I don't really have friends who share the same games as me >.<

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I've been focusing on 100% completing all three of the original Ratchet & Clank games, while trying to become better at Battlefield 4. I like both, but every time I switch to one, I get rather poor at the other. :<

pkmin3033

Finished Resi 4 - which was great fun, asides from the Regenerators - and started Resi 5, which...isn't so great, really. I don't know if it just hasn't aged well (last I played it was when it first came out on 360) or if it was bad to begin with and I just didn't notice, but I haven't enjoyed it at all. It feels horribly stripped down compared to Resi 4 when it comes to inventory management and loot, and the AI...oh, Sheva. Sheva, Sheva, Sheva. When there is a guy with a chainsaw standing right next to you, you move. She died three times in the oil fields because she just wouldn't get out of the way of the chainsaw guys...sigh. I had to take her stun rod off her to get her to do anything; she was stuck in cover mode but apparently "cover" means "stare at Chris' backside and occasionally scream for help" in this game.

That this is basically Fantastic Racism: The Game doesn't help either...yes, I know it's set in Africa, and it'd be even worse if we didn't have people who actually looked African in it. But it's so serious about everything it's actually kind of offensive. Resi 4 was ridiculously charming; the villains had stupidly stereotypical accents, and Leon was always doing painfully flamboyant things even in the middle of a crisis. So despite the fact that everyone was a village idiot or a raving cultist, it was clearly not meant to be taken seriously. Resi 5 has had all the humour sucked right out of it, so these things are a tad more obvious...especially when you have a random white blonde woman in a damsel-in-distress situation for no apparent reason. I'm on Chapter 4 right now, in the temple...I hate this place. I will finish it - even though I know I've got Lickers in my future; I also have Wesker in my future - but I can't say it's been as enjoyable as Resi 4.

Disgaea 5 I'm playing infrequently at the moment, mostly because of Resi 5. I should play it a little more, but I'm not really in the mood for grinding right now.

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright is proving to be just as tedious as I expected it to be. Mostly because literally nobody in Hoshido has anything even remotely resembling a personality. I can't believe I ditched Elise and Camilla for these guys. If I hadn't of bought the special edition I would have felt extremely cheated if I'd have bought Birthright by itself, I can say that much. I'm on Chapter 15 right now and I think I'm just about ready to speed through the rest of the game - I have some fairly good promoted units by now. I married Felicia, by the way; I went with a male avatar for a change. She's a demoness in battle, and I'm kinda tempted to put her on a dragon of some sort with one of those Heart Seal things. Because she really is that amazing and she's the odd-one out in the family because she can't turn into one.

Because I'm apparently not having enough fun right now (which I suppose I'm not) I've started replaying The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds as well. It's been a couple of years now already. How time flies. I'll put at least an hour a day into it, lest I lose what little sanity I possess.

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
    Have been playing Insurgency lately, tactical FPS with a complete Coöp mode to play with friends. Having a blast so far! Other than that, trying to get into Dungeon Defenders 2 and Hero Siege, for my daily doses of chainsaw massacre. Maybe picking up Stardew Valley.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
    Meloetta, Fire emblem Fates Birthright really isn't that bad. I am now playing Fire emblem fates Conquest and it sucks. Map design is great, but the story and some of the characters are really bad. Hoshido is superior in pretty much every way in my opinion

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I was so fortunate to play DOOM (Doom 2016) on a friend's house since he got the game and he was like "Yo J, you like DOOM right? You wanna play it for me?" and i was like "Oh you silly". So i did. and everything that I loved, hyped about, and even some of my minor complaints where there. You all know that feeling when you are able to finally take that girl (and for the ladies perspective, the guy) that you've always wanted for yourself, and finally got to do so thanks to a friend who let you have the opportunity, then your friend was like "hey you and you have fun mmkay? I'll be minding my own busienss", and then you're like "Oh oh, what do we want to do!?" and said date would go "They are rage, brutal without mercy, but you are worse.. RIP AND TEAR UNTIL IT IS DONE!" and go all the way deep from small talk, to fun talk, to doing some fun stuff, then developing a growing interest, and suddenly exploding with joy, happiness, gratification (both sexual and non-sexual), and the like? That was the feeling. It was that glorious! But at the same time, it was just for a few hours. It felt like it was going to be that love interest that you may not see ever unless something is done, and now I'm reminding myself everyday to please build that damn new PC or something and finally get to more than just the first base!

I dunno what the ***k I'm talking about, but because it was DOOM, i have every right to describe my experience in playing the game via a friend's place like an experience that I might not feel for quite a while unless I do something about it.

Feels bad man.

So in order to like try getting over my infatuatiions for a while, I'm just playing some Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Lobstering Xtreme Legends, and with support of a copy of Vanilla DW8. Even without the blood and gore, since that was never a thing in any Koei Warriors game save for Ken's Rage series, i still get to body a lot of people, and play as some lovely lovely, REALLY LOVELY ladies like Lu Lingqi, Diao Chan, and of course the real best bae, Sun Shang Xiang (SSX). Who btw, is so adorable looking in DW8 without being overly sexualized or overly generic which is why she is best girl.

and she's very very.. very cute. Also i had to use something from DW8 Empires because too many people are playing SSX with DLC outfits. NO SHE DOES NOT NEED THEM PERVERTS! SSX IS BEST GIRL WITHOUT ANY OF THOSE DLC OUTFITS! Also, i forgot to mention that SSX has a variant of a girly bob cut but with a little waviness, and i like bob cuts on girls with round faces.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Replaying Suikoden (1) since it's been quite a few years since I originally finished it. Plan to go through the whole series again, which should be fun.

Also, been in a Zelda kinda mood lately. Replaying Majora's Mask on my N64, and just finished up the original Zelda on the NES, which was a pain in the ass (enjoyable nonetheless though). So I started up Minish Cap, as it's one of the few I haven't played. and bought Twilight Princess HD to be played down the road.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Tales of Xillia 2 - Started playing again after a break from doing so. I'm loving it so so so so so much better than Xillia you have no idea. Ludger, Elle, and Fragmented Milla are all blessings to the Xillia world and the original cast also just seems to be better as well. For the most part anyways (Jude just needs to stop being this dumb sack of potatoes whenever Milla is mentioned. it's gotten beyond irritating at this point.).

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Doing a practice run of Parasite Eve 1, then I might dwell deep further into Parasite Eve 2, then I'mma pry a friend's PSP off his hands and demand him to lend me his copy of Parasite Eve: 3rd Birthday

pkmin3033

Resident Evil 5 is finally over...that was about as horrible as Resi 4 was fun. Ugh. Think I'll leave it another six or seven years before I put myself through that again. Final battle was cool though...I forgot Wesker would catch your rockets. Freakin' hell. xD

From one psychotic journey to another, I've picked up Drakengard 3 to tide me over until Atelier Sophie. It's not as good as the original, but it's better than the second, so I'll take what I can.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm playing a few different games at the same time now, Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes, and The World Ends With You.

LOZ: A Link Between Worlds is prety fun, I've been running around trying to beat the game in Hero Mode, though I seem to be a heart container short and the remaining Lorule dungeons keep killing me. I also beat the final boss with a bug net on my normal save file (the timing needs to be perfect, though).

LOZ: Triforce Heroes is really fun, I got almost ever outfit in the game (just missing the Trisuit and the Fierce Deity). Recently, my internet loves to cut off when I play online, but only for that game.

The World Ends With You has the most irritating battle system, with the two screens and the buttons. Though, you kind of get uesed to it after a while. I'm just trying to collect all the secret reports and look for funny dialogue with the memes.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    I'm onto Suikoden II now, and having some save data from the first game gives you some nice goodies. Was playing a bit of Phantom Hourglass too, but the stylus controls remind me why I never got too far into it. Got my copy of Suikoden Tierkreis and Atelier Sophie should arrive by the end of the week. Though I still feel like I should finish Shallie before going on to next one (even if it's a new trilogy of games)

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    Nothin but ARMA III Apex (well what's released of it..) So much to do and explore in the jungle. So much to build on the new terrain. And when the new equipment, vehicles, and factions drop to the Developer branch, so much to do!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    So we found a Cybercafe with actually good computers, like Mid-high tier specs and i was happy that they have Overwatch so BOOM. OVERWATCH! It kinda helps that a lot of my girl friends are playing it now and they are like "XIN PLS JOIN US! WE NEED YOUR MURDERC*CK TO MURDER SOME FOOLS" (obviously that's not what they said verbatim) but they were pushing me to the limit and i was like, I have money so OKAY! and I found my new main.. and its about to be.. High Noon, somewhere in your part of the world.

pkmin3033

OK, so I finished Birthright...finally. That is easily one of the worst games I've played in a while. The story was cliche, the gameplay was sloppy and simplistic, and the cast...the Hoshidans have no personality whatsoever. Not one of them. They're such a dull, dreary lot that I ended up marrying my maid because she was the only one with an iota of a brain. I have never met a more unlikeable cast...and I've played a lot of dismal JRPGs in my time. Birthright takes the cake. Jesus.

Now, Conquest, which I have now moved onto...Conquest is a different beast entirely. Not only does it have me doing more interesting things on the maps, but the plot is a lot more engaging - being a jerk always is, and when the campaign amounts to "Burn! Kill! Die!" you get the moral heartstrings pulled pretty tight - and my "siblings" in this game are a lot more interesting, to the point that I actually LIKE some of them...well, Camilla and Elise. Camilla went from being a creepy yandere to quite a mature, likeable sweetheart - her S-Rank support was not what I was expecting; it was actually quite well thought-out - and Elise is just plain adorable. Considering they're under the thumb of a maniacal tyrant, they're quite an upbeat and diverse lot. Conquest is a lot more interesting and, whilst it's not as enjoyable as Sacred Stones, I daresay I AM enjoying myself, far more than I did in Birthright or Awakening, which were mindlessly dull in every way.

Disgaea 5 has taken a backseat for now. Instead I'm playing Anima: Gate of Memories, which is...hrmn. I dunno, really. The story is a load of cliche bollocks, and the platforming aspects are irritating as hell, but it looks quite nice for an indie title, the combat is pretty enjoyable, and Ergo....ohhhhh my god, Ergo. Reading Rainbow. Shakespeare. Lampshading strategy guides. Begging for living dolls and gushing over death traps. What the hell, Ergo. This guy/book is AMAZING. I'm glad I bought this game for him alone, although the utter lack of information both in the game and online has had me wandering around the Puppet mansion for longer than I'd like and had me taking on Jonathan Kappel before time...no wonder he trashed me. Derp.

I also got Atelier Nepgea--sorry, Atelier Sophie today. Christine Marie Carbaneros is amazing; I love her voice, and I'm quite keen on Sophie already. She's no Meruru, but she's more likeable than Escha or Shallistera already. I could do without the token Erik Scott Kimerer chubby kid though. Why did they have to pick HIM of all people to voice the character? Urgh. Still exploring the systems. I'll gush later.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back