• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What are you hoping for?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    if i can't use alolan dugtrio in this game then honestly what's the point

Years
    I want a humanoid vampire Pokemon that looks good so I can nickname it Dio Brando.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    I want some shiny hunting methods like dexnav, friend safari or fish chaining to return. Or even a nee method. But I'm hoping the mechanics won't be like lets go where you throw the ball and the Pokemon can flee.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    I'm hoping that we get several more mega evolution, and perhaps a few events that give legendaries that haven't come out in a while

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    A good balance between inovation while staying true to the core gameplay. No Z moves or extreme motion movements.
    Perhaps the possibility to transfer your Pokémons from previous generations. Allthought that is probably a given.
    Other than that, do your magic as usual! Surprise us!

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2023
    In order of my personal wants, without major details
    1. Evolutions for old, bad pokemon, or for pokemon that genuinely deserve one
    2. New types. Sound and/or Cosmic please. Something to remove the pokemon shoved into Psychic type because nothing else fits currently
    3. Regardless of #2, type chart adjustments to make Grass, Bug, Ice, and Psychic suck less.
    4. If neither #2 or #3 happen, a large number of new moves that do what Freeze-Dry did; be supereffective on types they are not normally.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I would like rivals that are more like the ones from Sinnoh again. Barry was an actual good rival and friend at the same time without having to be a Brendan/May mentor, because the more down to earth goodie goodie professor assistant Lucas/Dawn could fill that role. I was ok with the Alola side characters but I really didn't enjoy Kalos or Unova's counterparts... Sorry, fans of those, but that's the truth ;; In Sinnoh, I actually cared about Barry and Dawn when they went off to the other lakes and I to my assigned one. In Unova and Kalos, I couldn't wait to get away from the "friend rivals" whenever they showed up lmao.

User Anon 1848

A good story and a good challenge, less item handouts and free heals, a rival that hits the right spot between overly friendly and complete jerkass, a Battle Frontier, hidden ability capsules, friend safaris, home room customization and an eventual patch that gives us the option to transfer all Pokemon from previous gens.

Years
    Good storyline, a large amount of pokemon from older games so got a wider option to choose from, option to avoid dyna/gigantamaxing and wonder trading, got to have wonder trading

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
    Right now, I think my biggest want is the return of regional variants.
    More specifically, I'd like a heavy bias towards Galar forms of Sinnoh pokemon. I wouldn't even mind if only Sinnoh pokemon got Galar forms.
    Especially with Sinnoh remakes (hopefully) on their way soon. That way we could maybe have the Galar forms be usable in the next game too.

The jury is out for me on region specific pokemon. I think if they just leave it as a Gen 7 only thing, I'll be annoyed with it. But if they make it a full thing going forward, I think I'll like it more. So I guess by default I end up agreeing with you and hoping they do a lot more of it.

Back