• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What are your favorite aspects of OR/AS?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • I liked the Soaring mechanic in the game, because I can traverse Hoenn region with Lati@s with me, it's neat if you want to see good scenery from the sky. Besides, it means you don't have to use Fly HM user if you want to go to different places, and it can go to places like Mirage Mountain that can't be accessed by Fly alone.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Storyline wise, basically the improvement and refreshment of the Hoenn storyline. Perhaps its the reason why i kept playing the game and finished whatever in-game content there is to do.

Gameplay aspects:
    - Dexnav as everyone have said.
    - Elite 4 members getting Megas to their signature mons.
    - The ability to get both bikes and keep them in the inventory.
    - The architecture of the many places. Hoenn's Victory road is gorgeous in particular.
    - The easy moments to Soft Reset (such as the starter, the free Latias/Latios)
    - Sky Tower revision. I never liked that Mach Bike puzzle from RSE.
    - Zinnia

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Without a doubt the Dexnav. Knowing what moves the pokemon will have, and it's potential? At least you won't have to go through a ton of random encounters to get that 4% encounter chance pokemon that you have wanted.

Years
    • Age 31
    • He/Him
    • Ohio
    • Seen Dec 12, 2020
    I love how much easier they made it to get into competitive battling(6th gen really made my love for it grow, and haven't looked back to a lot of other games since.) I also love the secret bases, the move tutors, contents, ect. There is a lot to do in this game if you look. That's why I always 100% my games on the side of doing the competitive stuff.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    Hmmmmmmm.
    I'm not even anywhere near done with my Alpha Sapphire, but so far I'd say it just might be the secret bases. I also love the new horde of mega evolutions, even if I was disappointed in some of them and disappointed in some that weren't made.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    ORAS is easily my favorite game as far as new features. Battle Resort being a haven for breeding and competitive battling, QR code Secret Bases, Soar, DexNav is unbelievably addicting, and I even like the whole idea with the Mirage Spots and all of the legendary Pokémon available for capture post-game. No lie, this game would have easily been a perfect Pokémon game for me if they had just included the Battle Frontier.

SamuraiPizzaCat

The Girl with the Dragonite Tattoo
    Years
  • Love soaring but wish I could do it on my Salamence or any of my Pokemon that are capable of flying.

The Dex nav is a cool feature, just wish I had more patience to seek out Pokemon with it, but admittedly I wouldn't of caught my Deino without it :o

I like how you can fly to routes not just towns, that does save some time walking to places too :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2021
    Really there's so much good stuff thrown into the new game, most listed above are great inclusions, but what I really appreciated about it was that it took one of my least favorite set of games in the series and turned them into my favorite. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald felt, to me personally, like a slog to get through. Not because the games were hard, but just because they were tedious. ORAS turned that right around with easier leveling (although maybe a bit too easy), better move spread, and made water movement easier and more enjoyable.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Since a few other people have brought it up, I love how some of the overworld surfing sprites actually look like the Pokemon you're surfing on. It's a small aesthetic touch, but I love it. Especially the way riding Sharpedo moves you across the water more quickly.

Oh oh, another thing: I love diving! I loved it in the originals, so the graphical upgrade really made it a beautiful experience!

What are your favorite aspects of OR/AS?

SamuraiPizzaCat

The Girl with the Dragonite Tattoo
    Years
  • Since a few other people have brought it up, I love how some of the overworld surfing sprites actually look like the Pokemon you're surfing on. It's a small aesthetic touch, but I love it. Especially the way riding Sharpedo moves you across the water more quickly.

Oh oh, another thing: I love diving! I loved it in the originals, so the graphical upgrade really made it a beautiful experience!

What are your favorite aspects of OR/AS?

I completely forgot about about diving! The graphics are great! I do it with Kyogre xD which of course his Sprite is him which is pretty cool! I like the Pokemon you see swimming about and the divers! It really is a nice touch to the experience :3

Back