• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Bad Pokemon do you wish was good?

Years
  • lapras
    that movepool, typing is cool, it's style and abilities
    like why doesn't it have a mega and why is it considered RU or whatever? D:

This.

Also, Dragalge looks like a Pokémon with a lot of potential, but you can only really run it as a special wall, and even then there are a lot of better options, like Florges, who has less weaknesses and a better movepool suited for a wall.

Adaptability would make Dragalge a good sweeper, but its base speed doesn't allow for that, unless you run a Trick Room setup. Even Tailwind is not enough to bring it up to speed to normal sweepers.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • It would be nice if Altaria was a better mon in the doubles meta, but it has just a few too many common weaknesses to build a team around.

I wish that Empoleon was a better Pokemon too. It's a great wall but doesn't hit as hard as it needs to.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If Durant had one more base speed stat it could be really good.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • Arbok & Ariados: I'd raise attack and defense or give it a mega evolution.

Bastiodon: Its typing alone ruins it, so I'd give it Solid Rock to compensate.

Carnivine: Give it a mega with strong jaw and higher attack and defense!

Farfetch'd: Needs an evo badly that can still utilize "Stick".

Furret: I'd give it an ability in which it automatically steals an item from the opponent.. cheap?

Huntail: Mega form with Strong Jaw and a loooot of speed x)

Meganium: Give her Serene Grace. Then she can use Body Slam + Leech Seed, or just Spam Energy Balls on a stallish set or something.

Rapidash: Speed Boost.. duh. Make it part fairy too. <-- meh :p

I could list many more but I'm tired.

Last edited:
    Years
  • As for Dedenne it really needs access to Dazzling Gleam...

This. Dedenne's only accessible damaging Fairy attack is Play Rough and while the move has a solid base power the main problem is that Dedenne is more of a special attacker with a weak Attack stat, meaning it mainly has to rely on Electric STAB which gets stopped cold by a Ground-type, and that means having to stick Hidden Power Ice on it. If Dedenne got special-based Fairy moves it would be able to use its STABs better and not have to rely on Hidden Power.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Delcatty, tbh... If it was given at least partial Fairy-typing and like even +20 in each stat (which would at least make it mediocre, lol) I would so be down to use it. Maybe a Mega will come around someday. :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Grumpig

It's my fiancee's favorite pokemon behind it's previous stage, Spoink. She has tried several move pools but has yet to find an effective one, and it's poor stats aren't helping it out.

WolfAndSheep

Nor Predator, nor prey.
    Years
  • UU is my favourite tier by a landslide so I love all dem bad Pokemon. My ideal meta exists as everything is valid to use in its own tier. Abolishing the whole thing where something is at the top of its tier list and/or is suspect, and then there's other valid stuff to use in the tier that you might want to use because it's still -good- but they also might be kind of meh at times and you wish you had something else instead.

I would say most things that are Ice type. I seldom ever make any builds for ice types because most of them are really bad, except for Cloyster and Weavile. Mamoswine fell from grace a bit on the current tier list apparently. People can say the same thing about bug being underpowered too but at least the megas introduced for the bugs are actually solid. Mega Pinsir and Heracross are amazing (Mega Beedrill is kind of lackluster I guess, but adaptability is god.), while Mega Abomasnow and Mega Glalie are a bit lacking. Most people are just happy to stick Ice Beam on random things that can learn it for the coverage rather than using something with STAB damage. I frequently have Water types with Ice Beam.

Other than that more specific examples of stuff that could be good but falls on its face are things like Rapidash, which has its niche as a physical fire type which you see I'd say I little less than special fires - but then Rapidash falls on its face against your Blazikens, Infernapes, Talonflames and gosh, even Flareon now is better. Rapidash has the build set up for a fast physical sweeper / revenger but it has no moves to support iself. Recommended build is Flare Blitz/Wild Charge/Drill Run/Wil-O-wisp. So you have 2 recoils and a status inflictor. Not what I'd ideally want to run for a standard sweeping set. You can kill yourself very fast with recoil (even moreso if you have life orb) and Wil-O-Wisp I prefer to run on bulky Pokemon in most circumstances.

I am also on Team Mega Farfetch'd. Let it Ch'ding everything in all its glory. It would be beautiful. So, so beautiful.

Back