• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What changes would you make in HG/SS

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    They should've finally ditched the 32-bit Pokémon noises and put in the real voices.

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
    Years
    They should've finally ditched the 32-bit Pokémon noises and put in the real voices.

I was thinking about that earlier. I liked the idea but there would be no individuality.

In reality, what they should do is make one epic game that spans all four major regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh) some minor areas (Orange Islands, Sevii Islands), includes a new area to explore, new pokemon to battle with, maybe some characters from the anime showing up, and some stuff from D/P/PT/HG/SS like the pokemon following you (with an option to have them not), pokegear + pokewatch (or whatever it's called).

Last edited:

Joe-kun

GOOD GOOD SMILE!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    I can't really see changing anything. Nintendo worked hard to bring us this game and we should enjoy it for what it is. If not, make a hack.

Joe-kun

GOOD GOOD SMILE!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    I completely agree. For those who would rather have Kris, make a hack with Kris as the main girl instead of Kotone.

I like how any Pokemon can follow, (and I like how it's the first one. You can change it any time you want. It's also a good way to get you to train Pokemon that you wouldn't normally train. If you ride your bike, you won't have to have your Pokemon follow you. That right there is for those who don't want a Pokemon to follow.

HGSS are my dream games. Speaking of dreams, I had a dream where I was playing SoulSilver.

Yeah, the follow Pokemon was a nice shout-out to Yellow ... Also probably hinting that we won't get another adventure with Pikachu unless we have one with us anyway (Which I do, my Sparkles.)

And yeah, SS is what I've been waiting for for quite a while. Agreed there as well.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I LOVE THESE GAMES AND I DON'T NEED TO CHANGE ANYTHING!! (although I have'nt played them yet lol)
    I'm just glad they're coming!!(2 more months and 1 day peoplez!!!)

But, If I could, I'd chnge this...
    - Make an option to have a Pokemon follow you or not...
    - Allow more than one pokemon to follow you
    - Have more than one trainer at Mt. Silver (ex. Kris, Leaf,Kotone or Gold depends on your gender)
    - Make a new Batte frontier OR Somehow go to sinnoh and the Fight Area
    - Go to Hoenn with Steven

Um.... I think thats it

Joe-kun

GOOD GOOD SMILE!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    I LOVE THESE GAMES AND I DON'T NEED TO CHANGE ANYTHING!! (although I have'nt played them yet lol)
    I'm just glad they're coming!!(2 more months and 1 day peoplez!!!)

But, If I could, I'd change this...

But you said you don't NEED to change anything, so you're canceling yourself out.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    I would change scythers sprite because it sucks...And! I would make it have all the badges! because that would be the best game ever

Years
    Yeah, the Pokemon following you I would like to change.

What I would change:
    Wallace, not Steven, will meet you. Steven will be met at Mt. Silver, along with Red.
    Get to fight different characters at Mt. Silver on different days of the week, such as Green, Blue, Kotone, Silver.
    More Apricorn Balls.
    Get Groudon and Kyogre in each game.

That's about it.

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
    Yeah, the Pokemon following you I would like to change.

What I would change:
    Wallace, not Steven, will meet you. Steven will be met at Mt. Silver, along with Red.
    Get to fight different characters at Mt. Silver on different days of the week, such as Green, Blue, Kotone, Silver.
    More Apricorn Balls.
    Get Groudon and Kyogre in each game.

That's about it.

Kyorge and Groudon do appear in the games, with some event or something.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    If anything, like most, I would make the Following Feature optional. This isn't to say I don't mind the feature, but I know it would have been better off if it had given the player a choice on whether they wanted their Pokémon to tag along or not. I would also include Pokémon Super Contests. This is just because I enjoy participating in them, along with some of the Gym Leaders in the Master Rank of the contest. Though, the Pokéthlon should still stay in the game. I would just place the contest in Vermillion City where the empty lot was located.

Other than this, I would include a battle against Kris just for cameo reasons along with satisfaction that she was at least placed in the game one way or the other. I would also include a cameo appearance of Leaf to keep the female storyline of FRLG flowing into the games three years after.

Nothing much else would need to be changed in my opinion as what I might have suggested was already covered or because I like it just the way it is. These are just a few ideas I might have included if I were one of the game makers for HG/SS. Although, an altered Battle Frontier would have been preferred, I understand the reasons for keeping compatibility between the two Frontiers of Platinum and HG/SS. Though, because it is the same (with the same Frontier Brains) I might have just placed a boat within the game to allow transportation to the island off of Sinnoh where the Fight Area is located.

HatterMadigan

Teddiursa-In-Training
    Years
    I would change the female sprite! Ew ew ew ew ew! Ever since Crystal I played as a girl and now the girl is so hideous I play as Gold! OMG! I like the hat but..... the HAIR! EUCH!

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
    Dark-Skinned Trainers? (Not to be racist, just that there's no "Dark-Skinned" people in the game. Just Pale-Colored.)

Years
    well id give the pokegear more things for example being able to see if your daycare pokemon have had an egg

and i would have put in the sevii islands :P

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Dark-Skinned Trainers? (Not to be racist, just that there's no "Dark-Skinned" people in the game. Just Pale-Colored.)

That's because about 99% of all the charcters are of Asian decent ;/

This is, after all, a Japanese game made originally for a Japanese audience. Japan doesn't have a very large racial diversity.

Just because their names are changed to sound more American in the translations doesn't mean that they are caucasian.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    make the gym leaders harder, man, when i used to be able to destroy gym leaders while being like 10 levels below them
    hopefully they'll be smarter and harder, just playing through a game with no challenge is no fun

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I'd add the Sevii islands, as it's a sequel to the FRLG series, not the RGBY series...
    It could also turn into a nice place to catch some 3rd/4th gen Pokemons instead of using the radio-thing...or a place to locate some legendaries at.

But that's just a nice little extra...overall that game is perfect as it is.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    make the gym leaders harder, man, when i used to be able to destroy gym leaders while being like 10 levels below them
    hopefully they'll be smarter and harder, just playing through a game with no challenge is no fun
    Even though the Gym Leaders still remain to be a bit low in level again, there are some slight differences (emphasis on slight). The inclusion of new moves and abilities for the Pokémon add to the difficulty of the battle unlike in the original GSC. For example, many wonder why Whitney's Miltank can now affect Ghost types with it's Normal type moves. Well it's because of it's ability given.

Regardless of the levels being kept low, it enabled GameFreak to bring in the idea of Gym Leader rematches at the Dojo in Saffron City. This is one development of the game I wouldn't change, the rematches. As for the levels themselves, I would have made them slightly higher, but I'm not overwhelmed by the matter so much as other portions of the game (which aren't much). =)

Last edited:

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    I'm really psyched about the game and didn't really know about some of the things that were posted.

BUT I would probably change:

Can't really think of anything right now, maybe there's nothing to change? IMO

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    all the functionality of HG SS

eg: rebattle and trade with gym leaders, the battle frontier, etc...

i would allow players to travel to every region.

the player may change their avatar appearance (hat color, shirt, pants, bag, skin)

and then may chose which region to start in and that will alter the story.

and having to deal with all three teams er...4 (rockets, aqua, magma, and the other lame one...[IMO])

but yeah make some pokemon more night and day exclusive (i hate being able to find starly at night in DPP for example)

but that what i would do and i wouldn't dare make any more pokemon there is enough...

just new regions.

Back