• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What color did the announcer say the pokemon was?

Years
Pokemon Ruby has Latias as one of it's version exclusives- a red-colored, female legendary dragon built for defense. Her twin Latios, a blue-finned male dragon ready for offense awaits you in Pokemon Sapphire. Pokemon Emerald goes a different route, giving players a choice between either Latias or Latios. After becoming champion and returning home your television flashes with a report about sightings of a rare and wondrous pokemon. When asked by mom what color it appeared to be, picking red or blue will affect which one spawns.

Which did you choose?

My first time I around I picked blue to get Latios, but it's hard, and I do like Latias a lot too. Emerald is a game that I have played more than once and have chosen both answers before at different times.

Years
I don't really remember this being a thing tbh. Given that I like blue more I probably chose it, but... I can't remember.

Years
I had no idea about existence of this mechanic. I don't think I ever interacted with my TV in Emerald's post-game. But I would probably pick Latios. I originally had only Sapphire and I remember my long hunt for Latios, so I think it's appropriate to pick it again in Emerald.

Back