• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Do People Assume About You?

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Pokecommunity, what do people assume about you? (on the internet or irl)

People assume that I'm indie because of the clothes I wear but I'm really just poor

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    People often laugh me off as a know-it-all, and I'm going to have to give them that one as I kind of am. Known plenty of folks who couldn't stand me being a fountain of relevant knowledge. '-'

It's natural people assume I can see when I can't. Normal text is illegible beyond two feet and it gets worse after that. Sorry, I'm blind. But that's a given.

Other than that... it's really hard to say! 95% of the time people talk to me on a need-to-know basis, which is a bit unexpected from my point-of-view. Maybe they think I'm going to magically prove them wrong or something in casual conversation LOL

Years
    Some people on my old community assumed that I'm a crazy obsessive fan because I happened to like a few fanfics a former "friend" of mine made. Oh and it may or may not have had something to do with the fact that I may or may not have... raged at the site's owner and aforementioned former friend of mine.

Don't get me wrong, I regret the whole thing, but still... people assume things about me that aren't true.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I'm quiet, so people normally assume I'm a bit of a pushover. If you're my boss or have some kind of authority over me, then yeah, I'll pretty much do whatever you tell me to do within reason. However, stab me in the back or get me mad, and I'll make it my personal goal to take you down, whatever it takes.

Years
    As far as real life is concerned, I tend to dress a lot in trackpants, sports pants and t-shirts and also as of late, my mother's old professional shirts, and with the fact my voice sounds a lot like a young boy some people mistake me for male. Yeah, I get gender-confused it's real.

On PC, I sometimes get gender-confused as well, because of some of the avatars/sigs I use here. There have been times I used a lot of themes based around male characters that it can sometimes confuse the heck out of a newcomer.

Even my tantrums cause people to think I have a mental illness.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Online-wise, my gender is often confused because there are people who know me vs the people who don't and when both sides interact, it just becomes a hot mess lol.

Irl, people always assume that I'm a choir or drama club student. I don't know why they assume that about me (I was hoping that people would assume me to be in the writing club at first glance xD), though I'm flattered that they think my singing and acting skills are good (they're so mistaken though lol).

People also think that I'm Korean/Japanese from the way I look, instead of Chinese. owo

Melody

Banned
    Years
    People assume I'm more serious than I actually am. Both online and offline. The amusing part is that they simply don't see I'm just maintaining conversation. XD

Sometimes the act of seeming serious is just as comical as any other joke and it's been something I've kept in my repertoire for ages; it never fails.

While I do have a lighter-hearted side I also do happen to like normal conversation too.

Years
    People also think that I'm Korean/Japanese from the way I look, instead of Chinese. owo

Yep, people also think that I'm Korean. Kind of flattering, but I dunno. Also, people assume that I'm so "spiritual". They even tease me that I'm gonna be a pastor. wut ._.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    In real life People think I am younger than I am because I am short.

Online people think I am a boy because of the usernames I choose.

pkmin3033

Online:
    - That I'm a girl. At least, between the two genders people usually pick this one. Which is totally fine with me, but it's interesting most people make that particular assumption.
    - That I like Madoka Magica because I'm a huge magical girl fan...prompting me to bite their heads off without meaning to, because I despise this show with every fibre of my being.
    - That they're annoying me somehow...the longer people talk to me, the more they assume this. On some level it's quite worrying, and on another it's kinda amusing, because if people annoy me I tend not to talk to them. xD
    - That I must play certain video game series because I play certain other video game series. I guess it's a fair assumption to make, although a lot of the time it's wildly incorrect. xD

Offline:
    - That I'd be interested in watching TV programs about the latest technology.
    - That I'm a supporter of the Conservative Party...when I very strongly support most of UKIP's policies. I don't know how some people have arrived at the conclusion that I'm a Conservative...
    - That I'm a stereotypical goth, because I typically wear a trenchcoat when I'm out and about. It's comfortable, waterproof, and I like how it looks. I'm not making a statement or anything; it's just a really nice coat. xD
    - That if I'm left to my own devices I won't do something, so I need to be reminded - constantly - to do it. This actually makes me less likely to do it. My parents still don't get this.
    - That I don't like a lot of foods just because I don't stuff my face with them or snatch them up at every opportunity. This irks me a little. It's called "self-control" and I have it...at least when it comes to food.
    - That I'm interested in games advertised on TV. About 90% of the time I'm not.
    - That I'm a mind reader and exist to please the whims of others. Heaven help me if that assumption isn't correct sometimes...

Last edited:

Lucid

My demeanor can come off as unfriendly, I'm not tho. I used to look pissed off all the time without even realizing it. I wear super girly clothes and high maintence clothes, but I'm pretty layed back.

SiriusAlpha

One and only
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    People assume that I'm always quiet and anti-social. Not around my friends I'm not! But if I meet someone new I will refuse to make eye contact, blush, try to leave as soon as possible and speak as little as possible. Unless I find out that they're into something I obsess about, in that case I treat them like they're my best friend. One of my friends thinks I'm a weaboo just because I like Sword Art Online and talk about it a lot, even after I explained that I don't judge a show by whether it's western or anime but I judge it by the quality, but not anymore since now he watches it and knows it's deserving of my obsession and it's not because it's an anime. Some people think I'm creepy just because I'm very obsessive over stuff I like, but that obsession is more like just talking about it a lot and saving over 100 pictures for whatever it it. There are a bunch of misconceptions about me, I don't have time to list them all.

Sirfetch’d

My demeanor can come off as unfriendly, I'm not tho. I used to look pissed off all the time without even realizing it. I wear super girly clothes and high maintence clothes, but I'm pretty layed back.

From an online perspective I don't feel like you come off as unfriendly. I just assume you like to get to the point as fast as possible and cut out useless stuff. Which is good imo.

Years
    Online-wise, my gender is often confused because there are people who know me vs the people who don't and when both sides interact, it just becomes a hot mess lol.

Irl, people always assume that I'm a choir or drama club student. I don't know why they assume that about me (I was hoping that people would assume me to be in the writing club at first glance xD), though I'm flattered that they think my singing and acting skills are good (they're so mistaken though lol).

I know what you mean about people always thinking you're good at things you aren't.
    Because of my looks people always assume that I'm unnaturally good with computers but I really am not very knowledgeable in that regard at all.

On the flip side though, I'm good at things people never think I would be too.

Lucid

From an online perspective I don't feel like you come off as unfriendly. I just assume you like to get to the point as fast as possible and cut out useless stuff. Which is good imo.

Your using the word 'useless' purdy loosely...

Sirfetch’d

Your using the word 'useless' purdy loosely...

Useless wasn't really the word I was looking for tbh. I just really meant you're very straightforward if that makes sense? Which I still like about you

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    Did I break up the spree? 3 points to the blue team? Am I doing this right at all??

I think they think I'm "weird but approachable". That's an actual quote from someone towards me aha

I don't think I'm weird at all though, I've met people much more strange than me.

Years
    I think they think I'm "weird but approachable". That's an actual quote from someone towards me aha

I don't think I'm weird at all though, I've met people much more strange than me.

Practically everyone is weird in some way. Its the normal people that you need to watch out for.
    I automatically assumed you were weird just because you exist.

Back