• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think ash's team should be?

Electric

Kanto Champion;Battling Ranger
    Years
    I think his team should be different.

its just not ash, with gligar. but heres what I think.

-Pikachu
    -Riolu/Lucario
    -Turtwig
    -Chimchar/monferno/Infernape
    -Buizel/Floatzel
    -Chatot, or Starly/Staravia/Staraptor

Years
    Leave the actual members of the team as is, thank you very much. I'm thinking that we'll see Floatzel at some point, and at least Moukazaru, if not Goukazaru; Satoshi's Goukazaru facing off against Shinji's Dodatoise at the Sinnoh League would be a good match - perhaps we could have something similar to the 6v6 we had at the Silver Conference? I think that if Naetle evolves, it'll only be to Hayashigame, and not to Dodatoise; I can't see Satoshi and Shinji having another duplicate species. We will obviously be seeing Glion some time in the near future, and I reckon Mukubird will evolve near the end of the saga - perhaps if it actually gets some battle experience instead of scouting. >> I'm thinking, however, that if we do see Mukuhawk, it'll be written out in a similar way to Pidgeot. Let's face it, the writers have always avoided Satoshi owning a Pokemon that he could conceivably fly on for too long. Pidgeot was written out in the episode it evolved in, Yorunozuku was far smaller than normal Noctowl, and, though it wasn't written as such, Ohsubame in general are too small. And let's face it, we've already had a fair amount of parallels with Kanto. Ash captured Hikozaru in a similar manner to Hitokage, Jessie released her Dokucale in an eerily similar manner to Satoshi's Butterfree and Gliger being caught in a similar way to Zenigame. This can't be coincidental, surely? Satoshi should not catch reserves. No. Not this early in the series; perhaps after the theoretical release of Mukuhawk, but certainly not at Iron Island, for example. Cough cough, Auramaniacs; take note. I would understand if Satoshi were to catch something during the long journey from Kissaki to Nagisa (oh god, imagine the amount of filler we're going to get >>), but not now. Thus, Satoshi's projected team, in my view:

-Pikachu
    -Hikozaru/Moukazaru/Goukazaru
    -Naetle/Hayashigame
    -Floatzel
    -Glion
    -Mukuhawk

If Mukuhawk were to be released, I think Satoshi could catch something like a Yukinooh. There doesn't seem to be many Pokemon left in the Sinnoh 'Dex, but I suppose that won't stop Hikari or Takeshi from catching an Urimoo soon. If he were to catch something outside of the usual Sinnoh 'Dex, it'd be something that evolves into one of the Gen IV Pokemon that aren't in the Sinnoh 'Dex - Majumbo, Dosydon etc. Though, in fairness, I can't see Satoshi with either of those. ¬_¬

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
    Well, I for one, think that the current Sinnoh team will be kept as is for the rest of the saga. And beware, I'm using Japanese names because the most up-to-date team is still the one in the original version.

This team has huge Kanto parallels. Hikozaru's abuse kind of mirrors Hitokage's, but they're approaching it differently and really developing its story out. It shows quite a bit of character (unsurprising, seeing as they've taken quite some time to develop it even before it went to Satoshi) and is emotionally fragile however (proven in a couple of episodes). The backstory about it being attacked by a pack of Zangoose and activating Blaze, before getting caught by Shinji. Then Shinji also put it under intense training, and well to the point where it's getting intimidated by his brutal form of training. These factors more than likely contributed to its fragile emotional and mental state, though under Satoshi's care it's starting to recover. It has only participated in one Gym Battle so far (Tobari Gym Battle), but I expect it to be in more in the future. I also expect it to evolve all the way into Goukazaru, but it remains to be seen that it'll happen that way.

Naetle kind of parallels Fushigidane, being the peacemaking Grass-type and all, and is arguably Satoshi's best battler in Shinou, next to Pikachu. However, on the character side... it doesn't seem to display much of its character, but it does show it occasionally (breaking up fights, and being rather friendly to other Pokémon). I don't get why it's bland and boring like some people say. I personally find it okay. It learning Energy Ball was what I consider its highlight because it really showed that it was determined to learn new things and get stronger. Now it's become sort of a signature move for it. It's Satoshi's top choice for Gym Battles so far, since it will have been selected for the third time this coming Thursday, at the Nomose Gym. It has a good chance of evolving, but unfortunately, it'll probably not evolve all the way into Dodaitose, seeing as Shinji has one.

Mukubird seems to follow in Pigeon's footsteps, but has shown better battling capability than its predecessor. Its character doesn't get shown much, but it's shown to be a rather competitive Pokémon and it was proved when Satoshi didn't pick it for the Kurogane Gym Battle due to a type disadvantage (Mukubird proceeded to have an emo moment, which was quite funny to be honest XD). However, on the battling side, it has Brave Bird and Aerial Ace, as well as Quick Attack, so it's not a shabby battler at all. It has participated in two Gym Battles so far, and has taken out one Pokémon each time (Hakutai Gym and Tobari Gym). It may very well be like Ohsubame, who was a stellar, speedy battler and was one of Satoshi's powerhouses for the Houen Region. It has a good chance of evolving into Mukuhawk, seeing as it evolved pretty early, giving it enough time for the rest of the region to do so.

Buoysel kind of reminds me of Zenigame, the badass Water-type, as well as Juptile (the competitive streak and penchant for battling). Character-wise, it's very similar to the two aforementioned Pokémon and its battle prowess isn't too shabby. However, it has not gotten many victories under its belt ever since it was caught by Hikari (and strangely enough, was rather powerful to have gone through so many battles and escaping capture numerous times in that episode alone) and its only notable battle was the tie against Sumomo's Lucario during the Tobari Gym Battle. It also learnt Water Pulse during that time. It shows a love for direct, head-on attacks and Aqua Jet suits that. Its character is rather similar to Satoshi's though, seeing as it's rather stubborn (like its trainer) and rather headstrong as well. In fact, the other similarity that this pair has is that they both love battling. Although, being in the first lasting trade since Johto, it's not really all that similar to Kanto's situation at all.

Then comes Gliger. While not totally similar to any Kanto Pokémon that Ash has caught, this quirky Pokémon embodies many other characteristics that Ash's previous Pokémon have. Firstly, it was the sixth capture in Shinou, which puts it on the same level as Zenigame, who was Kanto's six capture and their captures were before the third Gym of the respective region. In addition, both Pokémon chose to go with Satoshi. However, it also has a behaviour reminiscent of Satoshi's Bayleaf and Eipam before it. It tends to be overly-affectionate (faceraep and crash-glomping) and constantly wants his attention, or even more recently, eager to gain his approval. It also shows glimpses of Cotoise and Heigani (being a crybaby; comic relief and quirky personality), as well as Yukiwarashi and Gomazou (evolving very quickly; being the youngest of the Pokémon). Yeah, it's a very colourful character. Don't know how the writers managed to make it super-cute and lovable. Battling-wise, it has good moves though. Steel Wing and X-Scissor are fine attacking moves to have. I'm sure everyone should know that Gliger is to evolve into Glion in DP 85. I'd imagine that it'll have some more nice moves to add to its arsenal (Elemental Fangs, Night Slash, Stone Edge, Earthquake and the like). Above all, I hope it keeps its personality. Besides, the reason I think why it'll be a staple in Satoshi's team is because it has a rival in Shinji's Glion and I'm sure it'll want to avenge its humiliating loss against it.

However, given that Pigeot was protrayed as being large enough to carry Satoshi on its back... the writers actually made Satoshi release it. Another interesting trend followed because Lizardon, who was also large enough to carry Satoshi on its back, was left training at Lizafic Valley. Another large Flying-type gone. Yorunozuku and Ohsubame went on to stay at Orchid-Hakase's lab. I doubt Mukuhawk (if Mukubird's going to evolve) would be released though, because it's very small and likely isn't able to carry Satoshi into the air anyway.

Now, despite what mageslayer has said about the trip between Kissaki and Nagisa City (because from Yousuga to Mio City itself is a super-long hike, and then Mio to Kissaki is virtually cross-continental), I think we'll get even more filler episodes between these three cities unless the writers have planned for the gang to get to the cities in a short time.

Still though, some people are hoping for Satoshi to get a Riolu at Steel Island (darn those Auramaniacs), courtesy of an Egg given to him by Gen, so they hope for Satoshi to Oak a Pokémon in order to accomplish that. Hopefully this doesn't happen. I'm crossing my fingers now.

Now after all I've said... I'll move on to likely team at the time of the Shinou League.

• Pikachu
    • Naetle/Hayashigame/Dodaitose (if it's lucky enough)
    • Flowsel
    • Glion
    • Mukuhawk
    • Hikozaru/Moukazaru/Goukazaru

Then again, with the saga really dragging out... There are probably a couple of Pokémon I can see Satoshi getting. Yukinooh is one of them, and probably Fukamaru (because it evolves into a Pokémon which is rather powerful and speedy: Gabite and Gablias), although the latter may seem impossible due to its Dragon-typing. ._. Mojumbo, Dosaidon, Elekible, Buuburn don't really suit him (the latter two because Shinji's likely to get them both, since he already has an Eleboo and a Boober). Frankly, Shinou has not many Pokémon which can suit Satoshi anymore (his battling style or his preferences), so that's a major factor in why I think he'll not get more Pokémon.

Last edited:
    Back