• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you watch for in what you eat?

Years
    There are a lot of things in food that people say your attention should focus on when you decide to. We have people who are under the false conception calories are the only important things in meals, and that fats are not what they want. But those people aren't completely up on food knowledge. So what do you try to look out for when selecting your meals?

For me, protein and carbohydrates are what I look at when i'm eating at, say, my college cafeteria. I try to go for foods that aren't high on carbohydrates, but if those don't work, then if something has a lot of protein in it, then i'll likely take it into consideration. And sometimes sugars are what I be mindful of, too.

How about you? What can you forego in your meals and what do you look out for? Discuss.

Last edited:

Super Skitty

Up up and away~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Game grumps normally. About to watch their newest video and eat a sandwich right now, actually. haha

Whooops, should've read the full post. :p

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I also was like "yes I'm not the only one who needs to watch tv when they eat"

But yeah I really don't hesitate to eat anything. I have a hard time retaining weight, so fats and junk food really aren't off limit or anything. I'll probably develop some sort of health problems and die sooner, but whatever, in the moment I'll take taste over health effects.

Super Skitty

Up up and away~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Rofl, I guess this is why you should read the main post, and not just the title. My bad, haha.

I'm a vegetarian, so I obviously avoid meat, and I try to eat healthy in general, so no junk food, soda, fried food, etc.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    uh atm not really. i'm trying to make the most of this whole fast metabolism thing. i tend to stray away from meats since i often feel guilty when eating them.. i just think about how the chicken leg i was just munching on belonged to a chicken who belonged to a family yada yada. i prefer my fruits and veggies tho, my favorites being broccoli and strawberries.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I look for food items with low sugar and low carbs. Although it's important to note that foods with natural carbs and sugars aren't necessarily bad for you. Fruits are one of those foods that have a lot of natural sugars. I also switch out empty carbs for whole grains.

Years
    Okay, I edited the thread title so those of you that didn't get the question do get it.

Why is it that most of the time when I make threads, people either misunderstand the question, or get either off topic or really rude?

I always check labels and am careful with what I eat, especially lately. Trans fats are a complete no-go and I will not consume anything with them; that's usually one of the first things I look at when I go food shopping. Calories (so long as they're not obscene amounts per meal) aren't as important to me since I naturally don't eat much and am physically active but when it comes to high amounts of added sugars, trans fats and the like it's just a huge no. :( Should probably cut down on carbs a little but I looove them. <3

Years
    I've been conscious about calorie intake for nearly 5 years now, but the amount I eat everyday probably does not equate to what women my age should be eating \: Nevertheless, it's become a habit that I can't help but think about whenever I'm thinking about eating something.

And after finding out that I have rather high iron content from eating too much shrimp, even though I'm anaemic, I've had to cut out a significant portion of anything that contains high amounts of iron. As for carbohydrates, I've pretty much cut them out and only occasionally eat anything that has them.

Yukari

I'll admit that I never pay attention to what's in food whenever I eat it.

Which, honestly, explains a lot.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Fat. No fat please, especially grissle and other awful things. I like my protein, I like my veggies, but fat? No thank you. My sister and mother can't get enough of it and I'm just kind of grossed out.

Salt, though... I can't get enough of that. Mmm, so good~

SiriusAlpha

One and only
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    I saw "What do you watch for in..." and clicked on it and was really confused when I saw this. I eat healthy stuff and then on top of that, whatever I want.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I have to watch for anything hard or crunchy. Other than that, I don't really mind eating anything that's good. I always get confused about labels and such. I should probably start eating more healthy stuff, but it's kind of hard to do when you can't eat anything hard or crunchy. :x Don't ask please.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    High protein
    Low carbs
    Reasonable calories
    Low sodium / sugar

Calories don't matter too much to me since I end up having a problem eating the number of calories I should be eating.

No soda.
    Maybe some snacks once a week.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
    Well, one thing, I don't really look at the calories, I just try to make sure it aint greasy or fat. That food is da obese bomb bruh. The only times were I eat desserts are at a restaurant. The bruhs at our house never buy crisps. It's like the charcoal of the fatty fire bruh. Believe me, I love crisps they're good as hell, but I got used of resisting the hunger bruh inside me. I went through loads to be how I am right now bruh. One more thing.

Never, and when I mean never, never drink soda. I haven't drank any kind of soda drink for 2 year bruh. Two years, you read that right. Calories aint much of a problem as I play sports loads, but I don't usually eat above what I need.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I've been trying to watch what I eat lately. When I'm home and able to cook for myself and have a larger range of choices for food, I tend to stick with natural things, so fruits, veggies, lean meats, stuff like that. When I'm out at school, which I don't live near, I don't have a lot of free range to just have whatever so I usually have a crepe and a kale smoothie since they're low calorie. Plus...kale. lol

Back