• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What feature from 3rd gen do you miss?

Squeenix

Meow
Years
  • I really miss the secret bases, the ones in DP suck, I don't wanna go to the friggin underground!!
    There's not much varitity in them either, they're all the same and you can't mix records or battle your friend AND get exp like you could in ruby/sapphire. They also don't have any special/interactive decorations like the sand door, baloons or slide in DP. I really enjoyed decorating mine in ruby.

black_cat

still learning to hack
    Years
  • i guess i loved the side quests in RSE. it gave the game more length after the E4, which D/P lack. you beat the E4 then what? maybe something that platinum could add on to...

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Well, I tried breeding with a male (dunno if gender has anything to do with it, just thought I'd throw it out there in case it does) Eevee with Ditto and got nothing because they didn't like each other. I caught another Ditto and same thing happened.
    Ditto still breeds with Eevee, you just need to wait longer than usual for them to have an egg even if it says they don't like each other. It's the same as it's always has been.
    I miss the secret bases, I really enjoyed decorating those. XD Yeah sure, we have those underground bases in D/P, but do I really want to go underground every time I want to go to my secret base? No! In R/S/E I used to have base next to Lilycove city. I had my base at Route 120, near the lake. I always enjoyed visiting that route. One of the best routes ever in a game by my standards.

Another thing, mixing records with friends. I loved that fan club that always rooted for your friends sometimes and kinda like fueled you to do well. XD Good times.
    I forgot about the secret bases. I definitely agree with you. Why did Game Freaks have to put the bases in the Underground??? O.o I rarely go into the Underground and the secret bases were actually somewhere cool to go to. Which now reminds me of the little bike paths where you had to hop across using the Acro Bike to get to the secret places. That was pretty neat as well since I hid my base up one of those places in R/S/E.

XD Ryan, you can still mix records with friends via the Union Room. I did it with my friend the other day.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The contest style in Generation III is missed. I hate dancing and dressing up. It's lame. That and the appeal time round is really weird. You need even more luck than you needed in RSE for DP appeal. I can win with horrible appeals but be a complete fashion icon and a superb dancer.

Also, I would like to rebattle these gym leaders, like you could in Emerald. I'd love to see if they can get stronger, considering none of them are a a challenge. Except Gardenia. That's probably the most difficult. And she's only the second gym leader.

And who doesn't miss having your secret base above ground? And not having to 'catch flags' to get rocks removed from your base just so you could decorate it. Some people, like myself, have no one to play 'capture the flag' with because no one around them likes Pokemon. Simple as that.

Mixing records is great. I have like...three year old bases on my Emerald from mixing with my four year old Sapphire.

And who could forget the good ole trick master? That was certainly fun.

chris_2011

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2009
    secret bases that are above ground
    re battling the gym leaders
    the dive hm

Back