• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! - The Castlevania Fan Club

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
  • What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! - The Castlevania Fan Club

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! - The Castlevania Fan Club

Welcome to the Castlevania Fan Club. Except for the part for what fan club this is, the above line is one of the most memorable lines from Castlevania Symphony of the Night. The one who says this line is Dracula.

The Castlevania series (known in Japan as Akumajo Dracula) was created and developed by Konami. The first game in the series came out in 1986. In this game the player played as Simon Belmont who fought Dracula using a whip know as Vampire Killer. Since that time the Castlevania series has grown to 41 games and 7 books and comics.

Now the Castlevania series of game is divided into three categories. The first of those three is Classicvanias. The games in this category focus on getting through Dracula's castle. Examples of this type of game include the first game in the series, Castlevania, Vampire Killer, and Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse.

Now the game Castlevania Harmony of Despair is a mix of both this category and the second category, which is Metroidvanias.

Now the games in the Metroidvanias category focus on exploring Dracula's castle and fighting bosses. Course they are platform-RPGs so that means that experience, items, and more weapons. Examples of this type include Castlvania Symphony of the Night, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, and Castlevania Order of Ecclesia.

Now the third category of Castlevania games is the Modernvanias. The games in this category focus on plot. They are the 3D free-roaming ones. Examples of this type include Castlevania Lament of Innocence, Castlevania Legacy of Darkness, and Castlevania Lords of Shadow.

Speaking of Lords of Shadow, when it was released it created a second parallel timeline.

Now for the rules of this club
    Remember to stick to the current topic. If enough time has passed, a new topic can be created.
    Now remember this club is not for game or character is better than another.
    For the sign up, instead of favorite character, the option is favorite Belmont since most of the games have a member of the Belmont clan to play as.
    No bashing, flaming, or insulting. Respect is the key.
    All other Pokemon Community Rules apply.

To join, fill out the following:
    Username:
    Favorite Belmont:
    Castlevania games you have played/owned:
    Answer a topic:

Topics:
    Why do you think there has not been a Castlevania game that takes place in 1999?
    Of the recurring bosses, which one(s) is/are your favorite(s)?
    Of the three categories, which one(s) do you like the most?

Member List:
    Spoiler:

My information:
    Username: Judge Mandolore Shepard
    Favorite Belmont: Richter Belmont
    Castlevania games you have played/owned: Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (DS), Castlevania Portrait of Ruin (DS), Castlevania Order of Ecclesia (DS), Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles (PSP), Castlevania Harmony of Despair (Xbox Live Arcade)
    Answer a topic: Of the recurring bosses, my favorites are Death, Werewolf, Medusa, Mummy Man, and Dracula.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Count me in! I absolutely love this series <3

Username: Zeria
    Favorite Belmont: Gabriel
    Castlevania games you have played/owned: Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia, Symphony of the Night, The Dracula X Chronicles, Lords of Shadow, Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate and Lords of Shadow 2
    Answer a topic: Of the recurring bosses, which one(s) is/are your favorite(s)?
    Death, because he's almost-always harder than the final boss. xD

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Count me in! I absolutely love this series <3

Username: Zeria
    Favorite Belmont: Gabriel
    Castlevania games you have played/owned: Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia, Symphony of the Night, The Dracula X Chronicles, Lords of Shadow, Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate and Lords of Shadow 2
    Answer a topic: Of the recurring bosses, which one(s) is/are your favorite(s)?
    Death, because he's almost-always harder than the final boss. xD

Welcome to the club. Death is a very hard boss indeed, especially when he changes from one form to another in battle. I have lost track of how many times it has taken me more than one attempt to beat him.

pkmin3033

Welcome to the club. Death is a very hard boss indeed, especially when he changes from one form to another in battle. I have lost track of how many times it has taken me more than one attempt to beat him.
    Which Death has been the hardest to beat for you? I struggled most with Portrait of Ruin's Dracula/Death combo...that was both epic and terrifying. xD

Although Circle of the Moon's Death was a nightmare...but then, that game was impossibly hard in general...

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to the Death that is hardest for me to beat at times, it would have to be in Dawn of Sorrow, particularly when he is in his second form. It is the attack when he summons large skulls that gives me trouble.

As for the Dracula/Death boss fight in Portrait of Ruin, I find their combo easy to dodge. Mostly because I rely on the Greatest Five Dual Crush during that battle.

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
    Years
  • Username: Urist McHemlock
    Favorite Belmont: Julius Belmont
    Castlevania games you have played/owned: Castlevania (NES and FDS), Castlevania 2 - Simon's Quest For Relief (NES and FDS), Castlevania 3 - Dracula's Curse (NES and Famicom), I'm Kid Dracula (Famicom), Super Castlevania IV (SNES), Castlevania: Bloodlines (Genesis), Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (Turbografx 16 CD), Castlevania: Dracula X (SNES), Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA), Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA), Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA) and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS)
    Answer a topic: Death and Dracula are my favorite reoccurring bosses. One, Death is usually Dracula's right hand man and two, Dracula is deliciously cheesy with his bad voice acting in Symphony of the Night. It also helps that Dracula is the main antagonist.

pkmin3033

When it comes to the Death that is hardest for me to beat at times, it would have to be in Dawn of Sorrow, particularly when he is in his second form. It is the attack when he summons large skulls that gives me trouble.

As for the Dracula/Death boss fight in Portrait of Ruin, I find their combo easy to dodge. Mostly because I rely on the Greatest Five Dual Crush during that battle.
    I remember very little of Dawn of Sorrow, other than drawing those blasted symbols...I think what made that game so difficult was getting the symbols done in time sometimes. xD

That said...Soma Cruz is easily one of my favourite Castlevania characters, just behind Zobek (because Sir Patrick Stewart made Lords of Shadow worth playing) and Brauner. It was nice that he got a second outing~

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Username: Urist McHemlock
    Favorite Belmont: Julius Belmont
    Castlevania games you have played/owned: Castlevania (NES and FDS), Castlevania 2 - Simon's Quest For Relief (NES and FDS), Castlevania 3 - Dracula's Curse (NES and Famicom), I'm Kid Dracula (Famicom), Super Castlevania IV (SNES), Castlevania: Bloodlines (Genesis), Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (Turbografx 16 CD), Castlevania: Dracula X (SNES), Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA), Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA), Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA) and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS)
    Answer a topic: Death and Dracula are my favorite reoccurring bosses. One, Death is usually Dracula's right hand man and two, Dracula is deliciously cheesy with his bad voice acting in Symphony of the Night. It also helps that Dracula is the main antagonist.

Welcome to the club. Death is indeed Dracula's right hand man. In Portrait of Ruin, one interesting boss battle is the Dracula/Death boss battle.

@Zeria: Yeah the Magic Seals can be tough to draw quickly sometimes, the 5th one in particular.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Username: MurkMire
    Favorite Belmont: Leon Belmont
    Castlevania games you have played/owned: Curse of Darkness (One of my personal favorites), Dawn of Sorrow, Dracula X, Adventure ReBirth (Another personal favorite), and Symphony of the Night.
    Answer a topic: Of the three categories, which one(s) do you like the most?

Honestly... I have a hard time choosing. o_o All three are fun, and I love playing all three types. But, I'd either say Metroidvania or Modernvania.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Username: MurkMire
    Favorite Belmont: Leon Belmont
    Castlevania games you have played/owned: Curse of Darkness (One of my personal favorites), Dawn of Sorrow, Dracula X, Adventure ReBirth (Another personal favorite), and Symphony of the Night.
    Answer a topic: Of the three categories, which one(s) do you like the most?

Honestly... I have a hard time choosing. o_o All three are fun, and I love playing all three types. But, I'd either say Metroidvania or Modernvania.

Welcome to the club. For me, when it comes to category of Castlevania games, the one I like the most is the Metroidvania category. This is because the first Castlevania game I ever played is in that category.

Back