• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is love?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    As far as the OP seems to be talking: Is there somebody who you would go out of your way to help, even if it's outside your comfort zone? It's that sort of mentality. It's a lot deeper than that, and as Sorano said, the specifics seem to vary between individuals, but willingness to sacrifice is a solid part of loving relationships.

Now Richard, by your definition it seems eunuchs would not be able to feel emotional love like most people. Care to present a little insight?
    Also, "Simple to explain" and "we really don't know". Nag na-nag nag nag.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years

What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    Oh, baby don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more

What is love
    Yeah

Oh, I don't know why you're not there
    I give you my love, but you don't care
    So what is right and what is wrong
    Gimme a sign

What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more

Whoa whoa whoa, oooh oooh

Oh, I don't know, what can I do
    What else can I say, it's up to you
    I know we're one, just me and you
    I can't go on

What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more

What is love, oooh, oooh, oooh
    What is love, oooh, oooh, oooh

What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more

Don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me

I want no other, no other lover
    This is your life, our time
    When we are together, I need you forever
    Is it love

What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more (oooh, oooh)

What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more (oooh, oooh)

What is love

Love is one of the things you feel when you get it. I never had it though.

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
    People like you and me?

Love is the strongest positive emotion one is capable of feeling at any given time.

Uh, im sure love is great but i think it is extremely overhyped....perhaps because i have no hope of experiencing such a thing.

Every emotion fades away tho, love is helpful coz people got a good chance of reproducing while in love, then it fades away, job done.

im only speaking of "love" in the reproduction sense anyway

Kagami Hiiragi

Give a Reason
    Years
    Uh, im sure love is great but i think it is extremely overhyped....perhaps because i have no hope of experiencing such a thing.

Every emotion fades away tho, love is helpful coz people got a good chance of reproducing while in love, then it fades away, job done.

im only speaking of "love" in the reproduction sense anyway
    Oh, I meant it in the general sense...

In the reproduction sense it's simply measure by the level of your heartbeat reaction. ;_;

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
    Yes, by the logic of -> kind of like ---> like ---> really like ---> love.

Virtue is making sexy posts.

Fair enough. I guess that is a good enough definition of love. Suppose the problem with this is everyone is so smart when it comes to describing love. Everyone's got their own descriptions they're certain is the right one.

There's nothing like virtue in the universe.

Kagami Hiiragi

Give a Reason
    Years
    Fair enough. I guess that is a good enough definition of love. Suppose the problem with this is everyone is so smart when it comes to describing love. Everyone's got their own descriptions they're certain is the right one.

There's nothing like virtue in the universe.
    Just like you and me have a different understanding huh? It's because we and people have different values... emotion-wise, it's just as I described for everyone though.

Yes, nothing like the virtue of making sexy posts.

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
    Just like you and me have a different understanding huh? It's because we and people have different values... emotion-wise, it's just as I described for everyone though.

Yes, nothing like the virtue of making sexy posts.

Exactly like that. Even though my understand is the one that really matters. Are you in love then?

I know my posts are extremely sexy, indeed, no need to repeat it in every post.

Kagami Hiiragi

Give a Reason
    Years
    Exactly like that. Even though my understand is the one that really matters. Are you in love then?

I know my posts are extremely sexy, indeed, no need to repeat it in every post.
    Well, it doesn't 'matter' any more then mine, actually. You just have your own way of remembering love is all.

I'm in love with a few.

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
    Well, it doesn't 'matter' any more then mine, actually. You just have your own way of remembering love is all.

I'm in love with a few.

Well, if you wanna get all technical...it depends which angle you're looking at it. From my angle, it does matter more than yours, and from yours it clearly doesn't. But making a statement like it doesn't matter any more than yours is sweeping to say the least.

doesn't all that handing out of positive emotion drain you?

Kagami Hiiragi

Give a Reason
    Years
    Well, if you wanna get all technical...it depends which angle you're looking at it. From my angle, it does matter more than yours, and from yours it clearly doesn't. But making a statement like it doesn't matter any more than yours is sweeping to say the least.

doesn't all that handing out of positive emotion drain you?
    I can see why your understanding would matter more than mine though. Your view of love is philosophical, deep. All I did was describe an instance of love.

I can't wait to hand it out if only the object was here. It's actually motivation instead of anything like draining.

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
    I can see why your understanding would matter more than mine though. Your view of love is philosophical, deep. All I did was describe an instance of love.

I can't wait to hand it out if only the object was here. It's actually motivation instead of anything like draining.

I don't know if my understanding can be considered deep and philosophical...as far as i can see, being in love is like growing boobs or growing a deeper voice if you're a boy...its just another thing to facilitate reproduction. Sure we're programmed to think it's a great thing, and it probably is, but nowhere near the "ultimate bestest feeling in the world" like people would have you believe.

I thought you love a few people as it is. what do you do with those emotions then if you ain't handing them out already.

Kagami Hiiragi

Give a Reason
    Years
    I don't know if my understanding can be considered deep and philosophical...as far as i can see, being in love is like growing boobs or growing a deeper voice if you're a boy...its just another thing to facilitate reproduction. Sure we're programmed to think it's a great thing, and it probably is, but nowhere near the "ultimate bestest feeling in the world" like people would have you believe.

I thought you love a few people as it is. what do you do with those emotions then if you ain't handing them out already.
    How do you think I can be handing them out at this moment?

Why isn't love the best feeling? I'm in a mood atm where I don't want to do anything, obviously love is preferrable.

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
    How do you think I can be handing them out at this moment?

Why isn't love the best feeling? I'm in a mood atm where I don't want to do anything, obviously love is preferrable.

I guess you can't be. I guess you gotta sit on them.

That's a good point. It can be the best feeling. But a lot people try to make it out to be more than just a feeling. Like its something mythical or divine, when it's really not.

Kagami Hiiragi

Give a Reason
    Years
    I guess you can't be. I guess you gotta sit on them.

That's a good point. It can be the best feeling. But a lot people try to make it out to be more than just a feeling. Like its something mythical or divine, when it's really not.
    In fairy tales it's fine though. :P But even in reality, I have nothing against the feeling "thank God x100" when some fortune in love occurs.

Back