• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the most forgettable move?

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    Detect, just a bad protect
    leer and growl, i mean really dou ever keep it

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • There's a move called Quash? I'd heard of most of the other ones (including Present), but that was the only one thus far that I had to completely look up. I guess I'd forgotten about the Murkrow line in general... never used one, so would never really come into contact with that particular move.

This. And Barrage? What is that? LOL

Present is memorable to me since it's associated with Delibird.

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
    Years
  • Drench. It's not a threatening move so I just end up forgetting it exists.

Also Zap Cannon, I rarely ever hear about that move...

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    I want to say Vine Whip is up their on the forgotten list, it was a pretty decent move however not many Pokemon seem to learn it. I remember loving choosing Bulbasaur in R/B/Y and getting him up to level 13. The move would help beat not only Brock but Misty as well. A very underrated move imo, for honorable mention i would say Thrash, pretty powerful move as well.

Years
  • Most forgettable would be Amnesia :pink_giggle:

...but in all seriousness probably (for me at least) Clamp

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • If it wasn't for the Celebi Exploit in GS (idk about Crystal), Beat Up would've been one of the most forgetful moves. Interestingly nobody mentioned this move until now.

Luster Purge and Mist Ball are pretty forgetful too, since it's only a weaker version of Psychic and only latios/latias (respectively) learns it.

I'd imagine couple other signature moves by uncommonly used pokemon would be very forgettable. (Barrage, Rolling Kick, Horn Leech, SmellingSalt...)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Smellingsalt is not a signature move. Anyway, my Togepi tried to learn Bestow yesterday. I didn't even know a move with that name existed, so that goes in my forgettable list haha.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • Quash...? Bestow...? I just learned a few moves today!

Moves I remembered from reading were Boomerang, Sketch, Zap Cannon and Power/Skill Swap. There are a few more, but whatever.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Grasswhistle (Grass type sing, basically)
    Ally Switch (apparently a TM now?)
    Assurance (took me like a year to figure out what it did)
    Bide (lol Bide)
    Chip Away
    Dizzy Punch (I don't forget what it is, but I do forget it's a move sometimes)
    Guard Split
    Mirror Move
    Recycle
    Smellingsalt
    Trump Card
    Wonder Room (didn't even know it was a move)

I'll admit: I cheated. I looked at a master list. :P

Years
  • Oo Bonemerang! How could I forget that one. Cubone and I think Lucario are the only ones that learn it.

It's actually exclusive to Cubone and Marowak, I think you mean Lucario knowing Bone Rush.

Plus Smeargle can learn both these moves with Sketch.

@Silhouette - Yes, Ally Switch is a TM. And I've heard of Wonder Room, Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus and Elgyem/Beheeyem can learn it.

Years
  • For me it's Slam. Basically the aborted fetus of Body Slam not to mention inferior in nearly every single possible way in comparison.
    And its lack of accuracy doesn't endear me to it.

For me, it's Softboiled. Only Chansey or Blissey can use it? Sounds like a waste of a TM if you ask me.

Back