• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the rarest card

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2008
    I remember for my um like 6th birthday?
    My auntie gave me a Promo Mew sealed by itself in plastic and i remember it was uber rare.

But unfortunately it got stolen about a year later. :(

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    This may be a bit late, but...

You're not talking about the old Dark Raichu from the Jungle/Fossil/Team Rocket days, are you? Because I can say that it was NOT that rare. ...In fact, I may still have one.
    No,im not talking about that raichu,its uncommon...

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Prerelease Raichu is.

What is the rarest card

MyLittleShop

Click my eggs for free events
    Years
  • Azelf Lv. X is pretty rare atm. I actually got one from a pack and sold it on ebay for 50 dollars

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    LOYALemerald has already stated the rarest cards, it seems; so assuming you're going to want to actually own a few rare cards, I'm going to say the Mew promo card, since it could only be acquired as a single card from various newsagents. Sold for £2 at the time of release but of course that was only around the time of the first movie, which was about nine years ago. Unless people have been better than me at keeping these than I have, it's likely very hard to get.

I have 10+ of those.

Seriously.

Hardly what you'd call rare. For me, it's one of the easiest Promos to find.

The rarest have already been listed, but one that's always illuded me was Japanese ______________'s Pikachu. I have Japanese _____________'s Chansey, but not the Pikachu D:

Azelf Lv. X is pretty rare atm. I actually got one from a pack and sold it on ebay for 50 dollars

Ooh! I got one too! I didn't know people wanted them so badly. >.>;

Most of my rarest cards are from RGBY-GSC Era.

mew without a plain pokeball on the other side it has shiny sybols on it in ancient pokemon apperance as far as i know thats worth alot

I have 6 of those :/

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2010
    To preface this message I must introduce myself, and try and not sound pretentious in doing so, I am Scott and have been a memeber of the pokegym forums for awhile now, and I am one of the top collectors of pokemon cards. Some of the cards I have are the 97 no 1, 3 trainers, the secret super battle trainers, bi lingual stadium, victory rings, orbs, mysterious pearl/diamond, university magikarp trophy khan, and loads others. Anyway the reason I am stating this is because the information I will give about the rarest cards is NOT just an insert or estimate as you see on bulbapedia, they are from the people I have met over the years through the many transactions I have done, and are 100% legitimate.

Alright the pre raichu is not the rarest pokemon card, I know someone who sold it to the largest english collector in the world recently. The most sought after or expensive card is by far the pokemon illustrator and nothing else is even close. The No. 1 Trainer from 1997 has only 2 copies, there is a difference in the text of the 97, 98, and 99 card, and there were only two prints of the 97 set. Also others that are up there are the SSB and Tropical mega battle no. 1,2,3 trainers.

Anyway the pokemon illustrator will reach sums of 20k, even right now in this economy. I know of two that are waiting to be sold privately once the buyer reaches the agreed sum of 25k each. The pre raichu recently sold for 10.5k to the largest english collector in the world. I do have pictures of these cards and love to discuss anything related to trophy cards or serious collecting, so if you would like any more information I would be very glad to discuss anything related to collecting.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2010
    ancient mew was though to be very rare around 1999-2000, but now you can get it for a few dollars. The first one though that has an error is a bit more rare, but otherwise it was just like the birthday pikachu, no one knew how many there were, and there were a lot.

Back