• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is Your Favorite Thing to Have with Bananas?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    To me, bananas are one of the best complimentary foods. There are so many good foods and drinks you can have with bananas. What is your favorite?

Some that come to mind:
    Banana milkshake
    Banana smoothie
    Banana pudding
    Banana pancakes
    Banana bread
    Banana split
    Fried bananas

I would have to go with fried bananas. I had one with vanilla ice cream on it at a Thai restaurant in Florida with my mom one time and it was so dang good

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I dunno I guess I'm just a banana normie but I just like them plain. Maybe with cereal if I'm feeling real sassy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
  • Bannanas are a little too sweet for my taste, so I don't typically purchase them. If they are around though, like I get a fruit basket as a gift, and bannanas are part of it, then I can make use of it, rather than leave it to go waste.

If I don't just peel the bannana, then eat it, it can be used as the base of a smoothie with things like strawberries, kiwi, peach and mango or pineapple. There's some good Dole fruit juices with bannana in it too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Absolutely nothing. Gross fruit, anything banana related is gross to me especially banana bread. I would rather watch Teen Titans Go than eat a banana.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    I dunno I guess I'm just a banana normie but I just like them plain. Maybe with cereal if I'm feeling real sassy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ain't nothing wrong with being a banana normie Fairy!

Bannanas are a little too sweet for my taste, so I don't typically purchase them. If they are around though, like I get a fruit basket as a gift, and bannanas are part of it, then I can make use of it, rather than leave it to go waste.

If I don't just peel the bannana, then eat it, it can be used as the base of a smoothie with things like strawberries, kiwi, peach and mango or pineapple. There's some good Dole fruit juices with bannana in it too.

I love a good smoothie. Especially with mangos, peaches, pineapple, and banana. Any and all orange and yellow fruit. Mangos are my favorite fruit so I need those

Absolutely nothing. Gross fruit, anything banana related is gross to me especially banana bread. I would rather watch Teen Titans Go than eat a banana.

*Gasps* HOW DARE YOU! Bananas on their own could very well be nothing special but all the creations you can make based around them are fantastic. Also TTGO is better than the O.G. Teen Titans animated series. I said what I said.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • My dad loves those fried bananas for dessert like MiamiHeat mention enjoying, and asked me if I can cook him some, like he ordered at a Hibachi grill we went to one time. I said I'll try.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Either eat it as is or make a smoothie with it. They're good with ice cream too.

Yes, they are good with ice cream for sure! And if you ever go to a quality ice cream parlor that has actual banana flavored ice cream you can't go wrong with that either

My dad loves those fried bananas for dessert like MiamiHeat mention enjoying, and asked me if I can cook him some, like he ordered at a Hibachi grill we went to one time. I said I'll try.

Your dad has phenomenal taste V.O.M!

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2021
    I actually think Bananas are a tad gross appearance wise, so I like banana bread when I don't actually see them.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I do love a banana nut muffin occasionally, but I absolutely loooove chocolate banana milkshakes. My grandpa used to make some for me when I was younger, which is why I've developed a true love towards a banana strawberry smoothie from Smoothie King. :D

Years
  • I forgot about banana nut bread, that's delicious! There's a little country store I would sometimes visit commuting to Virginia. It had things like freshly picked fruits and vegetables from local farmers, their homemade marmalades and preserves, jams, nuts and candies, that kinda stuff.

They had a tasty bannana nut bread I would always buy myself if it was in stock, my mom would want the pumpkin bread-- I'd pick up one of those for her, and get the banana one for me. It was wonderful in the morning. I don't remember exactly what the ingredients were in the banana nut bread, but it was really moist, light and fluffy, the brown sugar would just melt away in your mouth.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    I actually think Bananas are a tad gross appearance wise, so I like banana bread when I don't actually see them

They aren't the most appetizing looking fruits. That's for sure. And on their own they aren't that good to me. But all the different creations you can make based off them are amazing.

I do love a banana nut muffin occasionally, but I absolutely loooove chocolate banana milkshakes. My grandpa used to make some for me when I was younger, which is why I've developed a true love towards a banana strawberry smoothie from Smoothie King. :D

Banana chocolate milkshakes sound really good. I used to go to this burger shack here in Massachusetts called Flippin Burgers that make fresh milkshakes and they had an extensive flavor menu and you could combine flavors. My girlfriend would always mix banana and Nutella (which reminds me of the banana chocolate ones your grandpa would make you), and I would mix banana and cheesecake (trust me, it's a lot better than it sounds). And oh how I miss going to Smoothie King all the time now that you bring them up. I grew up in Miami Florida where they had one on every city block. Now I live in bare bones Massachusetts where they don't have any. It blows

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I like peanut butter and banana sandwiches the most. And sometimes they're good in smoothies, like chocolate smoothies, as a natural sweetener. Or I'll just eat them plain (and my turtle loves the peels so she winds up getting some whenever I eat a banana, but not too much since they're so sugary). They're good for me if I have a stomach ache, but once they get too sweet/ripe, I have to put them only in banana bread. Otherwise I can't eat them because they get gross. There's this small "sweet spot" in which bananas are really tasty to me. Outside of that, they're gross.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Never cared for bananas when younger. Appreciates them a bit more now. Freezes them to control the ripeness now too. (Tolerates them best at a specific ripeness. Dislikes overripe bananas anyways.) Enjoys them in banana bread and as a baking substitute for oil. Tastes okay alone when unthawed as well.

Years
  • Strawberry Banana smoothies and yogurt.
    Banana cream pie.
    Just a banana by itself when I have the craving.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    I guess this is just gonna become the I hate bananas thread, eh? Fine by me. All the more banana milkshakes, banana pudding, and fried bananas for me.

Strawberry Banana smoothies and yogurt.
    Banana cream pie.
    Just a banana by itself when I have the craving.

I love a good banana cream pie.

Back