• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is Your Favourite Pokémon Game?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
  • Pokemon X or Pokemon Y - I have so many good memories there, and so much fun stuff to do.

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    It's hard to choose, but I'd have to say...

1. Heartgold/SoulSilver
    2. FireRed/LeafGreen
    3. X/Y

That being said...I would love to see some Hoenn remakes still.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Pokemon HG/SS and Emerald. I haven't got the games from the sixth generation yet, but I predict that they're going to be awesome! :D

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
    Years
  • Pokemon Crystal, not because it's nostalgic, but for another reason that i can't seem to put a finger on, the only game that I actually enjoy very much, I'm not comfortable with too much graphic, I always prefer 2D games rather than 3D ones, they just have some feels that 3D games don't

Years
  • This really is a hard one.. The newer, the nicer. The older, the better memories. Pokémon X is probably the best because of it's design, mechanics and gamplay. The online trading/battling is also awesome.

If you'd ask me which game I've enjoyed the most? ..I couldn't answer in all honestly :d

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • This is a near-impossible question to answer considering I love nearly all of them so much.

I wanna say Emerald because Hoenn is my favorite region ever, but I also wanna say HeartGold/SoulSilver because of the following pokémon and the sheer amount of extras they added to the second generation world, but I also wanna say Black/White/Black2/White2 because the fifth generation had my absolute favorite batch of pokémon ever and Ghetsis is my favorite villain ever, but I also wanna say X/Y because of how well they managed the 3D leap and for introducing my new favorite starter ever.

I don't care that this was a long run-on sentence!! XP

Years
  • Does it have to be main-series? Because I'm torn between Pokemon XD and Pokemon Emerald. I also love the Mystery Dungeon ones, albeit more in theory than in practice.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I really liked Pokémon Emerald. The story took place in Hoenn (which is my most favorite region), the graphics were slightly better than Ruby and Sapphire, and it also had access to Battle Froniter. My second favorite is X/Y, with Silver being the third.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • See the funny thing about this topic is that it is VERY hard for anyone to narrow down such a question into one game, so I'll have to go with 3 of them (that's the most I could narrow it.)

1. Pokemon Y. When this game came out, I expected nothing too out of the ordinary. A 3D world wasn't too much to gawk at (for reasons I will explain later) and I felt like the soundtrack would be nothing extraordinary (I hold music very high in importance. :P). Boy, I was wrong. I LOVED the game. The plot, although short in feeling (probably just because I played through so fast) amazed me, the music was astounding, and the graphics were all around great, nothing really stopped me from liking this game and it hence became my favorite.

2. Pokemon Colosseum. Before Y came out, this game was the best thing I could play. I loved the darker plot in a sense and how there were no wild Pokemon and many other changes in game mechanics. It was also the first main series-esque game in 3D, which blew my mind with battle animations and all that. I loved the music, the design and pretty much everything.

3. Pokemon Emerald. This game was so great... All the improvements it brought from Sapphire and Ruby, battle entrances, Battle Frontier, PokeNav improvements and just... Everything! It always has been a great game and one of my favorites.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • I absolutely love Emerald, it was just, I don't know.
    I think that's where my entire childhood was based off, just that one game, but I didn't really play that so much, it was my favorite though. The one I where I maxed everything out was in FireRed. I don't know why or how I did it.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Pokémon RSE, particularly Emerald. Hoenn being my favourite region had so much to offer, a brilliant storyline, beautiful towns and just a really enjoyable game to play. Not to mention that Generation III introduced some of the best Pokémon to date IMO.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    Pokemon Crystal, then Diamond. I had so many memories with both of them considering Crystal was my first GB game and first I played from the main-series. Diamond was the first DS game I bought, so maybe I'm a bit biased lol but the music and new Pokemon at the time were amazing. I also really loved the region in general.

Years
  • Emerald is my favorite. It has a very large post game with lots to do afterwards, and lots of extra challenges as well.

Back