• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your preferred way to catch Pokémon?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    What is your preferred way to catch Pokémon?

Well one of them is an actual game mechanic!

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    I use my trusty strat of sleeping the Pokemon and slowly whittling down their health. I often wait until it's nighttime to catch legendaries with Dusk Balls, I generally don't use Quick or Timer balls.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    I use my trusty strat of sleeping the Pokemon and slowly whittling down their health. I often wait until it's nighttime to catch legendaries with Dusk Balls, I generally don't use Quick or Timer balls.

I never tried that method of catching legendaries, by the way. It sounds pretty cool. Does that method work better than Ultra Ball and bringing them down to low health with a status condition?

Years
    get their health to about half, and then have a pokemon paralyse it with t-wave. paralysis is my best friend here since it lasts throughout the whole match so it beats sleep and buys me time in case the pokemon breaks out but can't move due to said paralysis. at that point i just spam pokeballs o:

Years
    Irresponsibility and indiscriminately spamming Pokeballs in every encounter with zero regard for game mechanics or common sense until I'm financially bankrupt or the Pokémon has severe blunt force trauma, whichever happens first. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Finally, someone who gets it.

I'm big on completing the dex, so I try to catch as much as I can! Usually this involves paralysis of some sort (Nuzzle is an amazing example from gen 9, and is available extremely early) until I get a Pokémon that can learn False Swipe. I usually explore a route a bit seeing what I can find and catch before moving on - only once I finish the game's story and start working on finishing the remainder of my dex do I begin looking up where they are located.

Ball aesthetic is very important to me too. ❤️ But only for Pokémon I plan to use or breed lol. Otherwise the best possible ball is used.

Years
    I'm pretty similar in that I really try to complete the dex as much as I can. Really, I just want to make sure I see all of the new pokemon for what they can do. I typically go around with false swipe and ultra balls catching anything and everything new. Always gotta have hypnosis in the back for those especially hard to catch pokmeon (looking at you beldum)

Years
    I love hunting for Pokémon! Probably my favorite aspect of the series. I have a specific team that I bring with me that has False Swipe, paralysis moves, and sleep inducing moves.

Back