• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what jobs do you admire ?

what jobs do you admire

• Teachers

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • police

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • doctors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other (please state in post)

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
  • my friend posted this question on their Facebook page so I thought I ask you guys too.

what professions/jobs do you admire their work ?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I pretty much admire jobs that I feel like I could never be able to do even if I tried to set my mind at it. A biologist or.. even a chartered accountant (I'm terrible at maths.) A doctor, a stunt-man/woman, an architect.. the list goes on!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I admire lots of people, but it usually depends on the person rather than the profession. However, I do admire teachers as a whole because I know how much crap they have to put up with especially in recent years. My high-school teachers were pretty open about that sort of thing as are my dad and stepmum. So yeah, teachers. They're important and tend to be treated like crap.

Years
  • I admire pretty much every job. The world wouldn't function the way it did if we suddenly cut out a job. There are a few "entertainers" that we could do without, but that's mostly because they don't exactly do much.
    If I had to narrow it down though I'd say people who work with the handicapped. Be it mentally or physically, or if it's being their carer or teaching them either way I admire how patient they can be and how much they care.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm with Kura that I admire pretty much anything that I didn't feel I could do. Also anything that requires a lot of social networking to get a foot in the door; that kind of thing is nearly impossible for me.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I admire careers that enrich and help others (doctors, teachers, firemen, EMT, police, etc.) and volunteer services.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • i like free works....i don't like to have something that it constantly unchangable..i get bored so fast so i like free works..i also like writing and fashion designing..something like that

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
  • I admire musicians and artists, because they are the only two good I'm nearly half good at XD . Seriously though, I love music, and I hope to be a musician, hence my admiration for them.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • lmao this is going to sound so shallow and petty after all the people listing jobs that help and save others etc, but the job I admire most is actors.

Performances by actors, be it in movies or on television, are what I live for - and I organise my life around them. I go to the movies as often as I can and I follow tons of TV shows that I watch religiously, because they make me feel. If I can just sit there and stare in awe at a fantastic performance that makes me believe what's happening to them is real and makes me feel their pain... I think that's the greatest gift of all, to me.

I know I really should admire people who have to work harder or do something that's more important to humanity, and I know it makes me a bad person that I don't think as highly of them as I do of the people who play them in movies, but that's just the way it is :P

Years
  • I admire a lot of different careers, but the ones I admire the most are public safety (police, fire, medic) and the military. These individuals go into danger to keep others safe, and that definitely deserves respect in my book. I've worked with individuals in all these fields since I was 14 (Search and Rescue) and the sacrifices they make are really astounding.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Ok, I'm gonna make this long and detailed; sorry lol.

I admire music the most because without it, nobody would be sane. The world would be empty, no meaning, no emotions, etc, because music has the emotions someone can relate to. Some musicians are fakes and don't belong in the industry but I can't control that. I also admire the law, lets be real here. I, may not like the law anymore than you guys do but they do try to keep the gangs (bloods, crips, vice lords, etc) off the streets. I respect the ones in the city like Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, etc because they have a lot more dangerous job than a police officer living in a small town. They put their lives on the line everyday wondering if they are gonna go home at the end of the day. So that's why I respect officers because not everybody has the balls to be an officer. Teacher's is another job I admire. In this generation there may be very few teachers that can actually teach but without teachers people wouldn't know math skills or things you gotta know in everyday life. A lot of the teachers are in for the money now and don't actually care about success but I'm talking about the ones that do. Fire safety, and paramedics are another I admire because they save so many lives it's ridiculous, and the military.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Doctors have to go through so much school to do what they do and even then, their days always seem so stressful. When I have a good doctor, no matter what type of doctor they are, I appreciate them so much. They have to know so much off the top of their head, they have to network and know other doctors so they know who to refer their patients to when something comes out of their realm of expertise, they have to keep on top of medical/drug trends and treatments, they have ridiculously busy days every day, and to top it all off, a lot of them have pretty good bedside manner.

I see a lot of doctors over the course of a year and I often end up stopping to think about the logistics behind their job. It's very impressive and it's something I couldn't even think about doing. They have my utmost respect and admiration.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I admire the hunter when it comes to being a means of continuing one's survival rather than a 'job' as the First World knows.
    Sans gunpowder, it is highly skillful work that demonstrates some of the greatest in human ingenuity and physical capability.

Back