• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of Pokemon do you hope to NOT see?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
So I made a counterpart to this thread. Anyone you are hoping won't show up in Z-A, whether it be a mon you personally dislike or don't see the point of it being in that game?

Personal DON'T want: Dubwool. Used one recently and he was so damn useless. It has okayish defenses and nothing else. And even then he still took way too much damage against some very basic opponents, especially since pure Normal can't resist jack. And at least it hits like a sack of feathers! And I know someone's gonna argue that Normal types usually have versatile movepools, but that wasn't the case here. Dubwool couldn't learn anything of any use to my team, and anything he could someone else did it better. I feel like it was my fault for losing that thing, but hey, he sucked so much I couldn't care less.

Don't you just love it when a mon with a cool design ends up being beyond underwhelming? After that ordeal I'm hoping to never see another Dubwool in a very long time and at this point I'm actually praying he doesn't make it into the next game lmao.

Other than that I'm also expecting various gimmick mons like Unown to also not make it in.

So any mons you feel are unlikely to make it into Z-A for various reasons? Or even mons you personally hope aren't in the game?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Unlikely:
  • The walking evolution Pokemon. Might add an item for it (or the functionality), but probably not.
  • Regional forms (besides new ones). Cannot imagine putting something like Alolan Muk in in a game with megas. (Sidethought: What happens with Galarian Slowbro and its mega stone?)
  • Most non-Kalos legendaries. Could see ones with Megas (Mewtwo, Lati@s, Hoenn trio). Expects Hoopa, Zygarde, or Arceus as your entry into the past.
  • Pokemon too similar to a Kalos Pokemon. Probably means Butterfree + Beautifly at least. Looks too similar to Vivillon. Adds any (non-regional) Ghost/Grass type, given both Pumpkaboo and Phantump.

Hope to not see:
  • A bunch of legendaries. Does not care about them. Keep the ones relevant to the region. Drop the rest.
  • Darumaka. Dislikes Hustle on either side. Has never particularly liked it. (Recognizes its strength after evolving, however.) Probably indicates Mega Darmanitan too.
  • Mega Charizard Z. Feels fine about Charmander. Rarely gets one during the main story (just Kanto and X/Y, right?). Mainly objects to a third mega.

Ben Resolute

Forum surfer since 2012
Days
Hard pass on Mega Khan. Love the design, but it's ability needs a serious rework before I'm comfortable having it come back to the series.

Days
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Very hard pass on limited time mythicals making a comeback, especially zeraora. Not that this'll ever return. Also they should do away with transfer only mons.

Last edited:
Years
Pokemon that are in the Kalos PokeDex that already got a Hisuian form; for example Voltorb/Electrode.

Actually, just a minimal overlap with PLA's PokeDex would be highly appreciated. The less Pokemon that were in PLA make it into Z-A, the better.

Days
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
So I made a counterpart to this thread. Anyone you are hoping won't show up in Z-A, whether it be a mon you personally dislike or don't see the point of it being in that game?

Personal DON'T want: Dubwool. Used one recently and he was so damn useless. It has okayish defenses and nothing else. And even then he still took way too much damage against some very basic opponents, especially since pure Normal can't resist jack. And at least it hits like a sack of feathers! And I know someone's gonna argue that Normal types usually have versatile movepools, but that wasn't the case here. Dubwool couldn't learn anything of any use to my team, and anything he could someone else did it better. I feel like it was my fault for losing that thing, but hey, he sucked so much I couldn't care less.

Don't you just love it when a mon with a cool design ends up being beyond underwhelming? After that ordeal I'm hoping to never see another Dubwool in a very long time and at this point I'm actually praying he doesn't make it into the next game lmao.

Other than that I'm also expecting various gimmick mons like Unown to also not make it in.

So any mons you feel are unlikely to make it into Z-A for various reasons? Or even mons you personally hope aren't in the game?
R

Back