• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What languages have you experienced Pokémon in?

Years
  • Though a lot of us have just experienced the franchise in English, Pokémon is available in many different languages. Have you experienced any parts of the franchise in different languages? This can be playing the games in Spanish, watching the Japanese dubbed anime, reading the manga in Korean, and so on! Maybe you're someone whose first language isn't English and you therefore experienced it in your language? Discuss!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • English and Japanese. I've played the games in English, and watched some of the Japanese version of the anime in the past. I like how the Japanese version of the anime sounds, if I'm being honest. I've also looked at some raws of Pokemon Pipipi (it's an old shoujo manga) in Japanese, too. I've also bought Pokemon bean paste buns once at an Asian Market, and those were, I believe, Korean. So, yeah.

Years
  • English, Japanese, and Russian for me. Played the games in English and watched a lot of the Japanese dubbed anime, as well as some of the Russian dubbed anime (mostly the movies, especially the third one which I rewatched when in Russia meny times lol).

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • I first watched it in German, then Polish and lastly (scramled signal) in english (1st episode and the lighthouse one) i dunno if it was Sky1 or CN UK🤔, then on K2 in italian (on TV ofcourse)

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I've been watching the series in Japanese since Sun & Moon began (with English subs). I've also played and own a couple of the games in Japanese (Platinum and Green) and used to find Japanese booster packs at the mall. Other than that, mainly English.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • English and Japanese, mainly. I'm sure I've played a bit in French or watched the Quebecois dub of the anime a bit, but nothing substantial enough to really remember. (Although I did have a brief infatuation with the European French names back around gen 4.)

I try to consume Pokémon entirely in English, though, because I tend to forget names when I play in EN/JP and have to remember them in both.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • For the most part, English. I have played some of the games in French (it's kind of a second language to me, I'm much better at reading it over speaking it however) and even my Alpha Sapphire is still in French. And there were some Anime episodes I watched in Japanese.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    English for the games, but I watched the anime mostly in Spanish and some Japanese dubbed episodes

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • I've played the games only in English. But when it comes to the anime, it's almost always in Hindi. Sometimes in Telugu too. And yeah I watched a handful of episodes in Japanese.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I played in French and English, mostly English nowadays. I watched some episodes of the anime dubbed in French.
    That's it, really.

Years
  • I've seen the Pokemon anime (the older Kanto ones) dubbed in my local language (Tagalog).

Let's just say it was a pretty interesting experience.

Back