• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Mega Do You Want Next?

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • This might be a broken record for most people, but I think that at this point, Raichu, Dragonite and Flygon deserve it the most, for quite obvious reasons: most other memorable Pokemon from their generations received them but they didn't, particularly Flygon and Dragonite who are basically the two remaining psuedo-legendaries from Gens I-III who didn't get a mega. Raichu has not been treated well by GF, and while Pikachu is their mascot, I think its entire evolution tree should receive love and remain relevant in the series, if anything it only makes Pikachu stand out more when its evo/pre-evo get treated right.

After those three, I would consider Farfetch'd. While an actual evolution would be better for it, it doesn't seem like we do those too much anymore (cross gens, except Eevee). It's one of these joke Pokemon from Gen I, except he has no evolution to redeem it, and honestly I think it could be a better Hawlucha with the right (mega) evolution and its awesome stick technique.

Next, Butterfree. Kind of uncool that its brother from another mother received a mega but it didn't. It could be quite unique and have a Bug/Psychic type, with the same treatment for its Special stats that M-Beedrill received for its attack and speed. The design could be glorious as well.

That's basically it for me. I would love it if Gen V as a whole received the mega treatment more, especially the earlier-areas Pokemon like Stoutland and the elemental monkeys, and the psuedo legendaries. Other than that, it would be nice for the remaining starters to receive a mega, and for every new trio to receive their mega right then and there when they're first released. It kind of bummed me out when Chesnaught, Greninja and Delphox could not mega evolve when the first generation starters could in XY. It would also force GF to plan ahead and make the new starters useful (for different purposes) with or without their mega evolutions, so they won't be too underpowered (or too overpowered) without (with) their mega evolution.

1. Flygon is not a pseudo-legendary.
    2. Don't really see why would Flygon deserve a mega more than Druddigon or Noivern.
    3. Mega Dragonite would be really cool if they give it Huge Power or Marvel Scale.
    4. Would agree with Mega Raichu.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Flygon should definitely get a Mega. That's probably the one I want to see most. I'd also like to see Drapion get a Mega as well since I think it would have a good design afterwards. Then again, I would've thought that for Heracross too and that didn't exactly go the way I expected...

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Mega Yhanmega, Mega Meganium, and I actually wouldn't mind something like Mega Crobat or Nidos because Poison deserves some respect, yo.

Steel/Poison typing on Mega Nidos please.

Dark Sky

Just call me Ender.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2015
    I wonder what Mega Shaymin would look like? :P

Hmm, I think Mega Flygon, Mega Zoroark, or Mega Eeveelutions would be awesome too.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I would love to see all of the Eeveelutions get Megas, but I doubt they'd give all of them Megas at the same time. They'd probably just give the originals (Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon) Megas first and move through the generations as such.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    My demand for Mega evolutions is pretty low at the moment. The only ones I'd like to see for the time being are Mega Mismagius and Mega Phione.

Mismagius is a cool, but overlooked Pokemon and Phione definitely could need something that puts it apart from Manaphi and if there was a Mega for it, chances would be high for finding Phione/Manaphi outside of events ingame.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • I would love to see all of the Eeveelutions get Megas, but I doubt they'd give all of them Megas at the same time. They'd probably just give the originals (Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon) Megas first and move through the generations as such.

Thats a good idea, mega eeveelutions :P
    But like you said they'd probably just stick with the three originals, but even later I don't think they'd continue with the rest.

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    Pokemon you want to see Mega

For me, I want mega Hydreigon.

Mega Hydreigon:

type: dragon, dark

ability: mega launcher

stats:

Hp: 92
    Atk: 105
    Def: 110
    Satk: 165
    Sdef: 110
    Spd: 118

My ideal moveset:

252 Satk 228 Spd 24 Hp 4 Def
    Hydreigonite

Dark pulse
    Dragon pulse
    Roost
    U-turn

how it would do in battle:

Hydreigon would go from being a choice locked or mixed life orb attacker to a heavy hitting special attacker, hitting the perfect combination of speed, bulk, and power. Mega launcher boosts the power of Dark pulse and dragon pulse by 1.5, effectively giving it a free choice specs. It outspeeds most standard tier pokemon and those who can both switch in and outspeed may find it hard to destroy. Roost keeps it healthy as it is quite bulky. Because Hydereigon can force switches, I think U-turn is best over another coverage move, as a neutral dragon pulse or dark pulse will hit about as hard as a super effective move of same bp.

Hydreigon is vulnerable to fighting type attacks from pokemon like Keldeo and Blaziken. Scarfed terakion, talonflame, and Mamoswine (as well as others). I'd pair it with a ghost type like Jellicent or Aegislash. Pokemon like Lucario, and Mawile resist it's moves so you could run something from Hydreigon's massive movepool to cover. Max special defence and HP Rayquaza mega is OHKOed unless it has assault vest.

I can't compare it to any PC megas atm. Feel free to make yours!

Last edited:

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
    Years
  • As someone mentioned, I would like to see some of the Eeveelutions get Megas, as well.

Mega Flygon and Mega Johto starters would be great, too. ^ Mega Feraligatr ftw.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Mega Flygon
    Dragon/Bug type.
    Why is this not a thing already??!
    Masuda said a few months back in an interview it was planned for ORAS but while they had stats all planned out, they couldn't make a decent design for it (he mentioned that basically the entire staff took a crack at it and nobody made a design they felt would be good enough for Flygon).

Besides Flygon, I personally want Mega Typhlosion. C'mon, us Johtoan trainers already have bad hidden abilities, give us a cool and practical metagame mega!

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • Considering that Mawile got a mega evolution which elevated it from being a mediocre pokemon, I want to see Dunsparce getting a mega evolution looking like a flying serpent.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I honestly can't believe I haven't thought of this until yesterday but I'd really like to see a Mega Staraptor, just to see how badass it would look and how strong it'd become.

:O That would be fantstic, you're right.

I want to see the rest of the Starters get Megas. It's unfair that the Kanto and Hoenn starters get them but not the others.

I honestly think this will happen slowly but surely. They just didn't want to roll them all out at once. I have a feeling that Johto or Sinnoh starters will get the treatment next, but who knows for sure?

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Give me Mega Zoroark and I'll be set for life. I don't know what type it would be though, Dark/Ghost or Dark/Psychic maybe?

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • I want a mega evolution for Wigglyptuff because Wigglytuff line stats are not very good and pretty low in games so if there is a mega evolution for wigglytuff it will really bost Wigglytuff line stats.:)

Back