• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What parts of R/S/E did you enjoy the most

MarioManH

top kek
Years
  • Title says it all

As for myself, I really did enjoy just exploring the region (Especially when the games were "newer". The whole full color game was amazing at the time, and because of this, it made the region just sublime to me. I had never enjoyed a game at its prime as much as these games. Also, just to add, the soundtrack for this game was just awesome. Compared to the games that came out before these, it was really on a whole other level.

Years
  • As I've mentioned somewhere before, Hoenn was the first region I went through when I was first introduced to Pokemon. Because of this, I liked everything about R/S/E. While others like to rant about it, Hoenn's concept of being an island region with a tropical climate is probably why it's still my favorite to this day. Compared to other regions it's very diverse in terms of terrain and water routes a la 7.8 xD. I don't look at the water routes as an annoyance though; maybe it's only because it was my first region, and I didn't begin my journey through it with certain expectations in mind. And yes, I also love the soundtrack because it's the part that really hits the nostalgia when heard.

People are probably tired of reading about my ramblings with the topic at this point, but I really enjoyed the Battle Frontier that was added in Emerald too. It was one of the new post-game content that gave Emerald more replay value than Ruby and Sapphire along with some other events. The Battle Frontier has always been a favorite of mine because of the unique set of challenges offered by each facility, all of which forced you to adapt and change your team/battle mindset/Pokemon movesets. It was a place where you excelled based on how skilled you are in battle, and not through sweeping opponents with an over-leveled party. In my opinion, Emerald's post-game was very advanced for its time, and the only thing that comes close to it are the BW2 games.

Boured

The Guildmaster
    Years
  • Well to be honest, My favorite part would be the battle against the godlike entity that is Steven I mean it's Steven.
    Spoiler:

Plus the trumpets.........nothing in my opinion can beat the trumpets.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I actually loved the Sky Pillar in RSE. The timing, correct hole to fall into... It was frustrating yet exciting. Really gives you that pump to get to the top.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
    Years
  • In my opinion,

That would be the first step to Hoenn. Probably, because I was so freakin' excited to play a new Pokemon Game!
    And of course the hardest decision, starters. I picked Torchic, defeated Poochyena/Zigzagoon, saved the game, felt happy!

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I liked battling Steven post E4 in Emerald. I also liked competing in the battle frontier as well, Emerald was definitely an easy favorite. The only thing I liked in RS better than E was that contests were everywhere, I had contest Pokemon myself. All and all, RSE was a fun experience for a young Pokemon trainer.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2016
    This was the first in the series where I really enjoyed exploring the world. I kind of felt like after this point the Pokedex started to get too big and it always felt a little out of control so rather than obsessing on that (as I usually did in prio games, though I still captured everything I could) I just played it to have fun and though I ended up with a godawful team by the time I got to the Elite 4 I felt like I had had fun getting there.

Also RSE Elite 4 is IMO one of the hardest - and I say this having subsequently trained a good team before anyone takes my above paragraph as the reason I found it hard!

Years
  • I was another one whose first game was R/S/E, and it was amazing exploring the region of Hoenn for the first time. I was always a fan of the PokeNav and also travelling across different environments, which was great given how environmentally diverse Hoenn was as a region. The Pokemon also had great designs so it was fun using a lot of them.

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
  • I really liked creating my secret base and exploring the battle Frontier.

Sirfetch’d

Is there an everything option? :( I really liked the Weather Institute part! It was a small event but it is where I encountered my Castform <3

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The unique climate, memorable towns, cities and landmarks. As well as the region's native Pokémon and the good looking characters. :)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Compared to Kanto and Johto, Hoenn introduced such an interesting and exotic region that I thought was so amazingly fun to explore. Plus the new Pokémon just seemed much more interesting, too.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • There's so many things I loved about these games. They were so well done and introduced so many amazing things to the series at large. Most importantly though, I'm really happy about the overhaul to the data structure (the addition of personality values, namely). It's a lot better than the way that they used to handle things back in first and second gen (I thought it was kinda lame the way shiny Pokemon were guaranteed to have a low attack stat back before RSE, for example).

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    The best part of Hoenn:
    What parts of R/S/E did you enjoy the most

No but seriously, I absolutely adore Hoenn. The environment, the music, the Pokemon. I just love the region and the journey. Diving felt so mysterious but cool to me.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Secret bases, spending hours customizing my house and pretending I lived on Route 220, safe in my home out of the rain with my Pokemon.

Back