• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What phrase or saying are you tired of hearing/seeing?

Years
  • There are phrases/sayings we maybe tired of, and I'd love to know what ones you're sick of.

Like for example I am so over people saying "let them cook!" or similar in comments sections or Twitch chats. Soo annoying and overused at this point. So stuff like yeet, oof, f in chat, or similar is what I mean. Of course phrases or sayings can apply here too. Worked retail before, the item doesn't scan: "Oh then it must be free!"

Years
  • Stuff like
    "Everyone:
    Me [or whoever]: [Insert stuff]"
    What is even the point of putting ":" and nothing past it ?
    And "Hold my beer".

What I like though, in Youtube, are some jokes on the thumbs down. Like, for a Mario game's ending, "Bowser and [Number of thumbs down] Koopas disliked this" ^^

Last edited:
    Years
  • Not necessarily a phrase, but the "💯" emoji. It's almost always used by someone self approving their own opinion.
    Speaking of emojis I dislike these ones...

😂😳

Stuff like
    "Everyone:
    "Me [or whoever]: [Insert stuff]"
    What is even the point of putting ":" and nothing past it ?
    And "Hold my beer".
    Yeah, that can be annoying for sure.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    "Let them cook" is definitely a phrase I can live without. There are also aloder ones like "omegalul" and "pog" that are just annoying at this point. Though, I think the latter ones are mostly just Twitch. And I haven't been on there for a while.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    "Money can't buy happiness"

Like, yeah, it's not going to fix your daddy issues or give you purpose in life or make you not a piece of shit if you already were one, but holy fucking shit I know that I and a lot of people would be a lot happier if basic necessities like a home/food/clean water/healthcare/etc were never even remotely a concern ever again and we didn't have to work ourselves half to death for it. In this day and age that line just feels like justification of capitalism and romanticization of poverty, and fuck that.

Years
  • "Let them cook" is definitely a phrase I can live without. There are also aloder ones like "omegalul" and "pog" that are just annoying at this point. Though, I think the latter ones are mostly just Twitch. And I haven't been on there for a while.
    I HATE that phrase so dang much too. Pog and poggies I feel are used super ironically anymore, but maybe not. I do not go on Twitch much outside of watching one streamer or two anymore.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I hate "skill issue". It's fine between friends but people use it all over the place and it just comes across as mean most of the time, especially outside the context of friends. And I too often, on Reddit anyway, see people using it straight up as a mean thing to say to someone struggling so that's soured me on it and made me wary of strangers saying it, because maybe they actually are trying to be mean!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I see "Juno is typing..." far too often
    that's not even my discord name in any server u dimbas

not really a phrase in itself I guess but I hate it when people slyly apologize for their puns or go "sorry! I had to..." like the universe compelled them to make the pun and they just said something so funny and controversial, like congrats on the wordplay but no pun deserves the reaction you were expecting, you just made everyone awkward 'cause now they feel like they're supposed to groan at your pun or something

I think puns are great, just the way some people expect others to react to their puns is really weird

Years
  • I'm so annoyed of hearing "rizz" constantly. Maybe it's just my friends being annoying with it but in other videos like YouTube shorts or Instagram reels I swear they use it constantly and I've never liked it.
    Wayyy too much in Youtube shorts and even heard it in some storytime videos.
    I see "Juno is typing..." far too often
    Don't think I have seen it before.

Back