• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What type of characters do you enjoy writing the most?

Years
    We all have character archetypes that we love to write and use often. So what types of character are the most fun for you to write? Is there any correlation between the sorts of character you really like writing and ones you're really good at writing?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I like to write characters where you can really get into their head! This is something I really enjoy to write, where actions sometimes speak louder than words. For prose, anyway, this is something I love. I do love my fair share of writing characters that can't read the room, though, and loud characters, but prefer to write that in RP only. Also, "The smart one".

I don't think there's any correlation between me liking to write certain archetypes and being good at them, but I do feel like I am good at writing characters who speak less, and think more.

Bay

Years
    I've been noticing that my favorite characters to write tend to depend on gender. For male characters I tend to go with ones either having a dark past or a lot of optimism. For female characters they're either booksmart or stoic but soft at heart. I think those types of characters I'm also pretty good with writing.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    I still haven't discovered what I'm actually best at, but I know for certain that the more dramatic the character, the more fun I have! The main character has to grip me, or their narrative just becomes flat and boring and I end up wanting to replace them with any NPC, especially since my side-characters turn out way more interesting somehow, haha!

That said, I do have a long history of making archetypal shounen-anime protagonists...

Back