• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What video game titles or series would you like to see return?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • There are numerous video game series that haven't had a new game in a while--and some may never get another game (e.g., Final Fantasy Tactics). Additionally, there may be some standalone titles that could develop into a series, or people may just want another game because of how enjoyable the standalone was.

Anyway, are there any video game titles or series you'd like to see return? How likely do you think they'll come back?

For example..
    I would at least like to see an **acceptable* Golden Sun finale because I CANNOT accept that ending of Golden Sun Dark Dawn to be the end of the series, ugh. It was on such a cliffhanger! Otherwise, I'd love to see another Metroid, and Fire Emblem, since I'm always biased towards Fire Emblem, whee~

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Dot Hack. It's truly heartbreaking to go back and play G.U. or the original Dot Hack because it feels like it was left behind, and I always felt that the series never got the attention it deserved. CC2 makes some quality games, and I always felt that .Hack was a franchise that had a lot of potential in terms of its games (and may have spread too far as far as its anime and manga were concerned). But I absolutely loved this series. It was nice to see some of the characters included in Project X Zone, but the fact that we never got the PSP title .Hack//Link hurts (and the fact that Link's theme was the character theme for Dot Hack units in Project X Zone was like salt on the wound).

And I'm not really sure if .Hack//Link was meant to be the last entry in the series, but seeing that and its currently running Free-to-Play remain Japan-only certainly seems like a kick in the pants. I do enjoy the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games, but it almost feels as if they dropped .Hack because it was UNS was far more profitable. But I'll remain hopeful. Even if it's just the translation of Link or an HD Collection of the original two game series (which would be fantastic), I don't really care, but I'd like to see some hope for .Hack (in the West or otherwise).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'd like to see them continue the Grandia series. Admittedly the last entry in the series was my least favorite, but the Grandia series was my very first JRPG series and it's a little sad to see that the last game was in 2006. I'd like to see what they can think up for a new game in the almost 9 years since then. I don't really know why they stopped making the games.

I'd also like to see another Metroid Prime-esque game (you can't really continue the Prime sub-series itself, but if they made basically the same thing and called it something different I'd be happy).

pkmin3033

The Legacy of Kain. I want a proper instalment that continues the story, not some multiplayer rubbish set in the same world, thank you, Square Enix. Kain is such an interesting and complex anti-hero, and Defiance BEGS for a sequel. Even if it's an alternate timeline like Blood Omen 2, I want to see more of this world. How likely is this? Probably not very likely, although I'm going to hope for an HD remaster of some sort in the future...

We're long overdue a MediEvil 3. I loved the clever British humour in the first two games, and with Sir Dan in PlayStation All Stars I was hoping they'd bring him back for another game on the PS4...I'm still waiting and hoping here. The market is filled with poor quality platformers, I think there is room for a good one to make a comeback. This had better be likely.

I think I'd cry tears of joy if they made another Final Fantasy Tactics game...or just another game set in Ivalice; it doesn't have to be Tactics. Ivalice is such a rich and detailed world, and there is still plenty they could do with it. New Ivalice game now, please! Highly unlikely, I suppose...

I'm on the fence with Metroid. I'd be quite happy to see either first-person or side-scrolling styles return, but I don't want the story to be anything like Other M. Other M was an absolute disgrace, and if it is any indication of what they're going to do to Samus' character in the future, I never want to see another Metroid game made, ever. No matter how good the gameplay may be, it wouldn't excuse it. If they're going to make more Metroid, I don't care what it is as long as it's a PROPER Metroid game. I don't know how likely this is. I think it's almost guaranteed they'll make a new Metroid game at some stage, but whether or not it'll be worthy of the franchise is another matter entirely...

I'd also like another game set in the same timeline as Drakengard and NieR. A sequel to NieR would be quite interesting, as they've covered pre-Drakengard with Drakengard 3, but the beautiful thing about Drakengard is that it has multiple timelines. Granted, most of them end with the world ending, but they could still make another game based off one of its other endings. But a new game set in this world means more bloody combat, insane characters, and peerless music. I can't see how this could possibly be a bad thing. This could be possible; despite negative reviews the two games have something of a cult following.

Another Castlevania game would be nice, too. I know they're done with Lords of Shadow for now, but I'm excited to see where they'll go next with the franchise. Another side-scrolling Metroidvania would be preferable to a 3D action-adventure game, but I'd be happy with either one; I just don't want the series to fall into obscurity. I expect it will make a comeback at some stage, although probably on PS4 and Xbone, and maybe Vita. Vita would be lovely.

Also, Star Ocean. I'm quite irritated we don't have a Star Ocean 5 announced for PS4 (and Vita, please!) yet. The PS4 is starved for JRPGs, and asides from Till the End of Time, I've actually really enjoyed the games; they have more engaging and fluid combat than the Tales series, and the futuristic story is appealing. Just...no more battle trophies, please. I despair at ever getting the Platinum for the fourth game. I don't know how likely this is...I doubt it'll come for quite a while; there is an obscene gap between release dates for Star Ocean games.

Valkyrie Profile making a comeback would be nice as well. Hrist still doesn't have her own game, and she's the most interesting of the three sisters, being a cold-hearted bitch. More Valkyrie Profile means more Lezard Valeth as well, and that can't be a bad thing. I hold out very little hope for this, though.

This is highly unlikely to the point that it isn't worth mentioning, but I'm going to say it anyway: I want a fourth Arland game. I got so attached to the cast I didn't want it to end with Meruru, and I want to go back. I'm so annoyed that they've decided to have an Atelier Astrid mode in Rorona on the 3DS; they could have made a full prequel out of that! I want more. MORE.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • A proper Super Mario RPG sequel. I'd buy it Day One. I really want to play another game that was just pure enjoyment like this. Not saying I don't find those nowadays, but I really loved that game and I want more (proper)! :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    Crash Bandicoot. Where is that lovable, mute marsupial anyway? I would like for Activision to give the series a reboot at some point; not solely because the games developed by Naughty Dog were nostalgic to me, but because it was a fun and accessible series to all demographics. With that said, I hope that they consider Andy Gavin's thoughts on how to revitalize it:

Crash needs a total reboot. There's an opportunity to reset the history, and go back to his creation story and the original conflict with Cortex. In that context, you could reprise classic Crash 1 and 2's settings and villains. It would make sense to use a more modern, free-roaming style. I would concentrate on Looney Tunes-esque animation and really addictive action. That's what we did with the original Crash, and there's no reason it couldn't be done today. Given the current Crash games, people forget that he was once cool. Our Crash had a certain whimsical edge to him. Sure, it was goofy – but it wasn't dumb.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I was hoping that Megaman Starforce will get another sequel, because there is some new plot incoming (when Sirius, the bonus boss, was telling about future evil plans or something when he got defeated, iirc) in the extra quests after beating the Starforce 3's main game. I think it could be a signal for the Megaman Starforce 4, that I hope Capcom would make it happen someday.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    People have pretty much covered my wants. A Metroid Prime spin-off (Something like Hunters would be really nice) or Prime-style would be really appreciated. A decent ending to Golden Sun gets the A-OK from me.
    A modernisation of the Legacy of Kain series would be my ultimate want, though: whether through a new instalment or complete remake (Soul Reaver, thnx).

I did not appreciate Crytek's cancellation of TimeSplitters 4, nor do I appreciate the UK division's disbanding confirming my fears of never having another game in the series.

Years
  • You mean besides Metroid?
    I'd love to see Wario return in any shape or form, whether that's the WarioWare series or the Wario Land series. Another WarioWare DIY, perhaps one making use of the 3DS' 3D would be great, and Wario Land on either Wii U or 3DS would be amazing. Besides that, I'd like to see the Paper Mario series come back... there hasn't been a 'proper' Paper Mario game since The Thousand Year Door, in my opinion.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Well... so this is my list..

-Paper Mario
    -an Harvest Moon as good as friend of mineral town or DS on 3DS (or even an Harvets Moon for wiiU)
    - Banjo Kazzoie BETTER THAN NUTS AND BOLTS!!
    -Pokemon Snap 2 anyone???
    -I wouldn't mind another DiddyKong racing...
    -Another Donkey Kong 64 kind-of (or any games Rare use to make...)
    -A third Okami

Years
  • I would like to see a squeal to World in Conflict. The game ended with the US liberating Seattle from the the Soviet Union. However, WWIII continued to rage and Communist China had just entered the war on the side of the Soviets. I would like to see the war wrapped up.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. I said this in another thread already, but I want more Eternal Darkness. I don't care if it's a sequel or just an HD rehash at this point, I just want it on a more modern system. I don't even know how they could make a sequel/prequel/another-game out of that story without ♥♥♥♥ing it up, so I'm leaning more toward HD remake.
    Still doubt it, though.

I fully support the idea of a new Banjo-Kazooie title. Again, I seriously doubt it. But I can dream.

And as long as I'm dreaming, a proper return to the Clock Tower and Parasite Eve series' would both be much appreciated, kthx. <3

I'd also like to see Resident Evil return to its roots a little bit. Dear Capcom, not everything needs to be like CoD. Dead Rising didn't need to be CoD with Gritty McSerious, and Resident Evil didn't need to be CoD.

Back