• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What was the last anime you watched or manga you read?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I'm watching something called Star Ocean Ex.

It's a space military opera, or something, I think. It's an old anime, aired in 2001.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Nothing from the current simuldub season has legitimately interested me. So... while I wait for Shadows House S2 to start english dubbed...

I decided to finally watch Odd Taxi. Pretty interesting so far honestly. It's basically anime Zootopia with social media lol

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Watching Thermæ Romæ Novæ.

It's... hilarious. It's about a dude from ancient Rome who wants to revolutionize bathing. But, he gets stumped & gets isekaied to modern Japan whenever he swims to the bottom of a bath & learns about modern Japanese bathing & take what he learns back in Rome accordingly.

It's absolutely stupid. I love it.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    I finished Demon Slayer S2, I loved the season despite it seemingly having a pretty poor reception on MAL, now I'm starting Kemono Jihen.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Ran through Paranoia Agent last night since it popped up on my crunchy reccs. Been on my watchlist for years and just never got around to it, but it was a pretty good watch in the end.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    I also started Dororo & Owari no seraph/ seraph of the end.
    Owari no seraph is pretty eh so far and I usually like Vampire anime, considering dropping.
    Dororo is incredible so far tho!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Just finished wat ching through The Girl from the Other Side. Short and sweet movie. Didn't have an extraordinary amount of stuff going on, but the art style and music was great and it did take a couple seconds of thought to piece everything together compared to some other things I've seen recently which was a nice change of pace.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I finally finished reading the Dragon Ball manga and I liked it a lot. I forgot how fun shonen series are to read and I sped through like the last 300 or so chapters in about a week.

I hadn't seen anything Dragon Ball related at all properly before going into it so it's nice being a bit more familiar with the series now.

Currently am now reading through Death Note - I watched the anime way back in 7th grade and the ? live action but somehow never got around to finishing the manga. Still very engaging will probably finish in the next day or two :D

Years
    Currently am now reading through Death Note - I watched the anime way back in 7th grade and the ? live action but somehow never got around to finishing the manga. Still very engaging will probably finish in the next day or two :D

Granted it's been a while, but how does the manga compare to the anime?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I am watching the Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting - it's wholesome and refreshing. I needed something light to watch during downtime. It does have its somber moments as the mother is in the hospital in a coma, hence a Yakuza member watching over the child.

Also, I started watching Dororo. Love the story so far - it's about a boy who was born missing most of his human parts because his father, in his lustful pursuit for power, made a deal with demons to take away his new born son's parts. Limbs, eyes, skin voice, hearing, etc. The son now fights the demons to rightfully gain back what was lost.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Granted it's been a while, but how does the manga compare to the anime?

So far seems quite identical? They're both very good. I heard the ending was done a bit differently between the anime and manga but am only halfway through. I'll have to find out when I get there :P

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    ^I'd always heard the manga was better, I'm also an anime only atm tho, will read Death Note one day.

@aslan Dragon Ball manga is the best!! It was my first ever manga as a lil munchkin, I got the vols from my local library that had literally one tiny promo manga stand thing, with a small handful of titles. I was probably like 5 or 6 years old so I still had no idea what manga even was. I couldn't put it down tho and read through all of what my lib had! haha.

-

I finished Owari no Seraph s1, and started s2, still pretty eh on it. The OST is great tho. Probably finish it eventually as it's just super convenient to chug through on netflix.

I watched Tokyo Godfathers the anime movie on Netflix too, was pretty good and an entertaining watch, if not a tad overhyped. Wouldn't say a masterpiece or anything but definitely good and worth the watch!

Also still watching Ao Ashi & Kemono Jihen & been watching Black Clover again!

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I've been watching Platinum End this week. I've seen 3 eps so far. I know people have been saying this anime is dogshit but I'd rather watch it and judge it for myself. It is a little... weird but it's interesting as well. We'll see how I feel when I finish it.

pixelated_pat

just another grown up kid who can't escape nostalg
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    I'm currently reading the My Hero Academia manga, and I recently got done watching YuYu Hakusho again.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Over this week I finished Assassination Classroom which is one of my new favourites. Korosensei is the best, I just love him. The ending had me on the floor in a puddle of my own tears though...

I read all of The Promised Neverland over the weekend and it was enjoyable but fell off a bit. The first arc was incredibly written though. Not my usual genre but I'm glad I gave it a go.

Lastly I decided to go back to a bit of cheesy shoujo manga and am now reading Ao Haru Ride - short one so maybe will be done with it in a day or two? :D

Back