• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first Pokemon experience?

Auserk

Auserk
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2018
    I watched the anime when it first started on TV where I grew up, I still remember watching the first episode. Then I knew I had to get the game when it was released a couple months later. I first had Yellow on my clear GameBoy, then I got Red with a GBC and used to play at my mates house and we would trade and battle for hours every day.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    From one day to another, people at school started trading Pokemon stickers. That was even before the trading cards made their appearance. The first sticker I got was Omanyte and I traded it for an Ekans. I even got myself a sticker album (which I never finished).

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    A kid at school gave me one of his cards because he was keen to battle someone and I remember we didn't even play the game properly pretty much just scissors paper rock for first go and bam any move without energies put down.

Misinformed, so misinformed....

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2015
    I remember the day I watched a trailer for Pokémon Diamond & Pearl on youtube... I loved the look of it so much I went out and bought a DS and Diamond! I still remember my whole team to this day...

Pulsefire

The Prodigal Explorer
    Years
    The story of my First Pokemon.... such a memory it was.
    I was given the game Pokemon Yellow by a friend. I've only
    seen a couple of episodes of the anime, and my friend told
    be that it would be best to play it before watching the series.

Well, at first I thought it was kinda dumb, and I agreed to play it.

The Beginning of my Adventure:

Guess who I got. Pikachu of course. Cutest thing I'd ever seen. I got
    stuck on the first gym, and keep tying to beat it just by sheer tactics.
    I got stomped, flattened, and tossed aside(Anyone know this reference?).
    I raged quit the game. He said "Relax, it happens." He showed me that I
    should catch other Pokemon, even if I don't want to have the ugly bird.
    So I did what he said, caught a full squad, and wiped out the first gym.
    From there, I invested hours and hours into the game, I managed to beat
    the game in about 2 weeks time.

So for that reason, Pikachu will always be on my favorite list. Also, considering
    it is the freaking main mascot of the series, I thought later on how fitting it was.
    It did ruin a bit of the first series for me, but I still enjoyed Pokemon Indigo League.

Back