• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What were your original intentions for joining?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    It's a simple question really. What were your original intentions for joining PC? Was it the hacks, or the general discussion? Just yeah. :P

For me, it was probably the trading scene. At first, I wanted to get into trading because I was bored of Pokemon Pearl, and the wifi seemed interesting, so I joined, solely for that purpose. Ever since I've learnt lots more about Pokemon, so it's a win-win for me. :D

Years
    Hacks. Shiny Gold of course.

Then my 2nd focus shifted quickly to [sucking at] competitive battling.

Then my 3rd and most long-lived initial reason was escapism from another site I stopped having fun at and Other Trivia.

Now I am Mr. Jaded, No Fun Allowed.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    See, there was this really cool game called Shiny Gold and I thought you had to join to get it. I beat it and came back approx. a year later. That's when I realized there's a part of a forum that allows me to post whatever popped into my 11 year old mind.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Them hacks. I was linked to Pokecommunity when I clicked on a banner on some other forum. It led me to the thread for Pokemon Ice, a hack by Jeremy (no, I heard of Ice before I even heard of Shiny Gold. Shiny Gold only came later). I found it really interesting, and I wanted to learn how to ROM hack because of it. That led to me joining PC. And I was a Pokemon crazy four year old, plus the forum looked really nice. :3

Darkfox1525

God in the arts of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    I just happened to have found this. XD Just looking up pokemon stuff and found this site.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    FAN FICTION <3

I wanted to read more stories but the section wasn't very active when I joined, and i'm honestly not sure how it is now, but there wasn't too much going on at first. So, I had to go off and lurk to other sections and I lived in member fanclubs from 06-08 hahaha. but now that's gone :( so I lurk around other chat now.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I'm actually really annoyed that I didn't find this place until February this year. I'm now desperately trying to catch up because I want it to seem like I've been here the whole time, which considering my love of Pokemon and the Internet I should have been :P

I found it when I was Googling potential Ruby/Sapphire remakes, and I found the PGC thread about it. So I joined the forum to post in that thread, and then I found myself posting in some other threads around PGC, and then I stretched to Other Chat and OVP, where I spend most of my time. Now I love this place and can't imagine leaving

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
    Years
    It was basically a "HOLY MOLY IT'S AN EARNEST CONGLOMERATE OF THOSE WHO LIKE POKEMON". I had to at least try it out!

I suppose the main appeal to me was just talking about the games and to see how others played Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    I joined PC after I got booted out of Bulbagarden. I'm not the only user on PC who came here after being dumped from Bulbagarden. PlatinumDude was also a victim, now he's friends with me on Facebook and we follow each other on Twitter.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I joined because I was tired of lurking. DX
    And to try and make some new Pokemon friends. XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Ai joined PC because Ai needed a fresh start. All the other Pokemon forums like joined in 2008, so it felt right to start a new account on a brand new site.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I originally joined here to start a new life after being banned in BMGf. It's going well so far (kind of, since I miss my old friends).

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I was bored one day and just ended up finding this place. Signed up and now its 5 years latter lol. I took a brief 6month to 1 year break but I can't seem to stay away from this place I enjoy the discussions and am just getting into RNGing pokemon so the trading section is where I am off to next :)

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    seems I'm not the only one who came here after getting booted off BMGf after all
    Well, I first joined BMGf in December 08 (for the fanfiction). I thought it was cool, so across January 09 I joined a whole bunch of other forums, most of which I can't remember. Never posted much, though.

Then a while later I got banned from BMGf. Don't recall the exact date - the screenshot in my album here was uploaded July 11, 2009, but I have a feeling it was a little earlier than that . . .

Yet I'd had my taste of the online fandom, and it was not to be sated that easily. I cast around for another big forum to join. I poked my nose into Serebii, but quickly ran away because it was big and scary and impersonal and the design looked like Joe puked on it. (Only went back there in the last few weeks, actually)

So I came here. It was nice. People were cool . . . and then I dived into the fanfiction section, never to reappear.

. . . until about October last year, which I think was my big blitz of 'hey, there are other forums after all'. Then I fell out of it until last month, when I came back again.

Hang on, this is turning into a 'History of the internet as seen by MW'. My original intent in joining was to find other people who were into this thing I'd recently discovered called 'fanfiction'. And now I'm one of those people.

. . . one of the few left, actually. :x

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Posting fan fiction. Something that I don't do very much of nowadays. I've since grown tired of fan fiction and the drama associated with it, and I've discovered other areas of the site that strike my fancy.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    ShinyGold... but I got bored of it after a couple of hours and hit up PC to see if there were any more interesting hacks and somehow found my way to the fan fiction section and that was the start of a long adventure.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Fan fiction, believe it or not. That's where I got my start here. I came here to read more stories, and get better feedback on my own. I also came here for manga scans. That was back when the manga subforum was very active. And I had the Pokemon Special/Adventures fanclub in Pokemon Clubs, but it got locked away a few months ago</3 Little piece of my history just gone. ;o; Horrible. But yeah. Fan fics. Manga. I rarely stroll down FF these days and never look at manga. Sad.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I got bored and decided to come to meet some new people, haha. I had literally no intention of regularing the Pokémon sections other than Emulation and came straight to OVP.

Back