• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What will the Fifth Gen. Games be most remembered for?

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
Years
  • I am really happy that this thread exists. Seeing people who actually enjoyed Gen 5 brings me a ton of joy. As I stated in my previous post, it's one of my favorite Generations, tied with Gen 1 and 2, I guess I'm a rare breed of Pokemon Fan. Most Gen 1ers absolutely hate Gen 5, but I love it for it's uniqueness. Anyways, once again just wanted to say I appreciate all of you posting about what you like instead of what you dislike about Gen 5.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    I am really happy that this thread exists. Seeing people who actually enjoyed Gen 5 brings me a ton of joy. As I stated in my previous post, it's one of my favorite Generations, tied with Gen 1 and 2, I guess I'm a rare breed of Pokemon Fan. Most Gen 1ers absolutely hate Gen 5, but I love it for it's uniqueness. Anyways, once again just wanted to say I appreciate all of you posting about what you like instead of what you dislike about Gen 5.

This is pretty much how I feel. Gen 1 and 2 are my favorites but Gen 5 is right up there for me. At first I have to admit I didnt like not seeing old favorites but you get more and more used to the new guys.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    In addition to most of the aforesaid factors, I'll always remember Gen V as the one which allowed us to play as a seemingly older character, it felt like the series recognised the growth of its earlier fanbase.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    For me personally it's hard to put in words. This generation played a huge part in my life for a few years, and it's hard to sum that up into a few paragraphs. I suppose one of the main reasons I remember it is the bond I formed with Kaori over these games. We're very similar, but very different - we're both stubborn as, and we fought a lot, but what mattered most was these games had a special place in our heart.

WITH THAT SAID, I think these games are most remembered for (fan-wise) the storyline. Yeah, there were a lot of great Pokemon but the storyline was the most detailed and involved out of any generation. People might think of the Pokemon but they just become noise. The storyline is what will bring 'em back.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • WITH THAT SAID, I think these games are most remembered for (fan-wise) the storyline. Yeah, there were a lot of great Pokemon but the storyline was the most detailed and involved out of any generation. People might think of the Pokemon but they just become noise. The storyline is what will bring 'em back.

What will the Fifth Gen. Games be most remembered for?

why come for story when i can come for petilil

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2018
    Personally all of 5gen glory can be summed up as good story with nicely paced cutscenes. Trainers that that party wipe if you are not careful/going for a no healing rule. Dem feels when you finally beat E4 in BW1 and then chillexing at village bridge.

BW2 will be remembered for pokestar studios and Joint ave making you come back everyday.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Normal Pokémon fans will remember it as a cool, fun, "fresh" start for its new features, characters that were actually developed, and perfect music.

Everyone else will remember it as the gen that worsened the entire Pokémon franchise just because of OBJECT-BASED POKÉMON. You know what, haters? Just start a rebellion against the Americans because they were the ones who designed Vanillish and its members in the first place.

I'm sorry. I love Gen V, and everyone who says completely otherwise is either thick or extremely nostalgic.

PunkRockRat

Punking Pun-King
    Years
  • I think those who looked deeper in it than 'oh no another Pokémon game' will recognize it for it's amazing story and exceptionally well executed evil team. I mean, come on, what G-Cis did was outright diabolic, and the entire topic of Truth vs Ideals was amazingly done shown.

Personally I'll also remember it as the Pokémon game that brought the musicals which were amazingly fun, and also a great share of amazing designs.

Also spriter who look into Pokémon edits will also recognize it as the last Pokémon game that made fusing sprites possible, lol.

CDB

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Besides the great storyline I actually think 5th gen had one of the best Pokemon designs, and fully animated battle sprites gave the game so much more life haha

Plus there were so many extra features: PokeStar Studios was actually great, PWT / Battle Subway offered some cool in-game battling options, and though I wasn't a big fan of the musicals I'm sure a lot of other people loved that too.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    The only thing that I really see discussed about Gen Five in the fandom is the fact that it introduced unlimited-use TMs. The Global Link, and by extension the Dream World, is another feature that gets mentioned often. Because it really was the first time that you could play with the same Pokemon from the DS cartridge on the computer and have a reward put back into the DS cartridge.

Personally, I just remember them as the games I was most excited for. The story is also great, and one that still makes me think about it to this day.

Back