• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will your team be?

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Seeing how Rockruff's final evolution has come out, now I'm set on my Pokemon Sun Team(unless version exclusives ruin that)

Pokemon Sun:
    1. Popplio
    2. Lugarugan( Day Form)
    3. Lurantis
    4. Cutiefly
    5. Jangmo-o
    6. Vikavolt

Some other Pokemon that I might consider using for my Moon version:
    1. Rowlet
    2. Komala
    3. Pikipek
    4. Turtanator
    5. Crawbrawler
    6. Mudsdale

Some Pokemon I might use late but not as my main team
    1.Komala
    2.Yungoos
    3.Alolan Raichu

Years
    I feel these Rockruff evos may have sealed the deal for Rockruff being on my team, especially considering I never seem to use a Rock-type on my main team. Hopefully the new trailer can reveal each form's type and abilities so I can decide which one I want for real.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    i will bring him from pokebank...
    riolu can be get on xy and bw 2 so i hope in sun and moon too

I'm pretty sure Riolu is in the dex because a picture of Riolu appears on a Japanese page for Sun and Moon talking about catching Pokemon in the Alola region.

(I think Klefki was shown off on that page too...)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    I'm pretty sure Riolu is in the dex because a picture of Riolu appears on a Japanese page for Sun and Moon talking about catching Pokemon in the Alola region.

(I think Klefki was shown off on that page too...)
    Yeah i saw someone said riolu is on the pokedex.

100% gonna be in team.
    also looks like i gonna pick the sun forme of rockruff

Years
    I still need a fire pokemon, if I am not fond of any new fire pokemon yet to be revealed I will gladly lock-in Oricorio in its Flamenco forme. Lugarugan, Lurantis, and Poppmaid are locked-in for sure. Here is my team (Too bad we can not play the game as Lusamine though)

What will your team be?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2020
    Definitely Rowlet. (I pray that the leaked Archer evolution is real, I actually did Archery) Mimikyu and Palossand are 95% on my team, I'm a sucker for ghost types. Also Lugarugan Midnight form.

Ones I can't decide between are:

- Vikavolt
    - Wishiwashi
    - Morelull
    - Salandit
    - Pyukumuku (I personally never found it ugly. It's ADORABLE)

I am getting Moon, so I'll probably have Lunala

There are so many Pokemon that I love from this game, and it's not even all of them. I just hope that Mimikyu is able to be gotten before the end of the game, I want it in my playthrough team so badly.

Note: Subject to change as new announcements come out, and going to try to get a male Ralts/Kirlia on the team as soon as possible for that Gallade. If I'm lucky they'll be a Duskull and find a very generous person to trade with

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Litten
    Rockruff evolution (Sun -- I'll trade for this if I have to)
    Lurantis
    Pyukumuku
    Oricorio Sensu Style
    Cutiefly (and evolution-friend)

dudealmighty

The Very Best
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2016
    It really depends on what older Pokemon will be available, but I really want to try out Lurantis, Mimikyu and Tapu Koko.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    Litten, Pyukumuku and Vikavolt are the ones that I'll most likely have on my team. Though I won't be going in with a planned team - I'll add Pokémon to my team as I go.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    Honestly, its day form is the form that is kind of "meh" imo, because it screams "normal" or "rock-type" to me, and I'm not a huge fan of them.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    I like both designs quite a bit, but I definitely do prefer the daytime form more. I can't put my finger on why, I think my initial impression (with the leak from corocoro) it reminded me a lot of Zoroark, so it felt less original? After seeing the full, clear versions I do like it more than my initial impression - but dayform still looks cooler. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    After the new reveals, I have updated my team a little.

Still choosing Litten as the starter.
    Midnight Lugarugan, looks as if it will be stronger than Midday tbh.
    Pikipek is still in.
    Salandit is still in. Maybe..?
    Alolan Ninetales, in.
    Sixth slot will probs be a switcharoo between Alolan Raichu and Jangmo-o.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Oh yeah.....since I'm planning to use Rockruff on my team, should probably decide which evolution I'll wanna go with.

Will be easier to decide when typings/abilities/etc is revealed really.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2020
    I will all three starters cause ill be trading between my games and also three legendaries especially Solgaleo I love his design.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    After today's reveal, I have two new team candidates, Passimian and Lycanroc. Currently, my team is all over the place. Here are all my potiential members grouped by the team formula I go by:

Water-type: None so far, surprisingly
    Grass- and/or Electric-type: Vikavolt, Lurantis, Rowlet, or Alolan Raichu
    Fire-type: Litten or Salandit
    Fighting-type: Lucario, Bewear, Crabrawler, or Passimian
    Free space type: Mudsdale, Jangmo-o, Lycanroc
    Psychic- and/or Fairy type: Alolan Raichu

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Since we now know some of the version exclusives, this is my team so far.

Rowlet
    Lycanroc (Midday)
    Vikavolt
    Mudsdale
    Passimian
    Alolan Vulpix

I usually use different pokemon, changing my team up based on gym leaders. Not sure how I am going to do that now, unless we still battle the trial captains.

I want to use all 3 starters again, similar to what I did in BW, but I do not have a 2nd 3DS and I really don't want to buy a new one with the NX coming out within a year or so. I might still do it when I get the second version at a later date, when the Poke Bank is open for Sun and Moon.

I am not very fond of the water type pokemon we have right now other than Poppilio, but since I am starting with Rowlet, I can't use it. I just wish they would reveal an amazing water type. Usually there is at least 1 water type I completely fall in love with in each generation.

I also do not use Legendaries unless it is part of the Storyline. Similar to how in BW we needed our mascot and in BW2, the Trio wanted to help us. I also hate using old pokemon, unless they have an Alolan. I just hate using what I have already used before. I also do not like Midnight form at all. I am tired of Bipedal Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Back