• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will your team be?

Deníz1

Die Nacht ist des Freien Freund
    Years
    I will definitely have Popplio as my starter and resident Water-type. Also, Nekkoala will be a possibility for my team especially since I am Australian and a koala would be an ideal Pokemon to use.

It's still too early to have my final team, because I'd rather see the whole Alola Dex first and hopefully there will be enough new Pokemon to win me over that I'd be convinced to use a team of only new Pokemon.

*cough, my name, cough*

I'll take litten if its evo isnt gonna be that screwed up. as im gonna take moon ill need something to light up the night ;-) (is it a possibility sun plays mostly at day and moon at night time?)

The koala is also so gonna be mine, what not to love about cocaine...eh koalas!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    So if I ever get pokemon bank, I'll be transferring over a mudkip as well. That leaves 1 or 2 spots on my team. The last one will maybe be the third legendary if there is one.

Deníz1

Die Nacht ist des Freien Freund
    Years
    So if I ever get pokemon bank, I'll be transferring over a mudkip as well. That leaves 1 or 2 spots on my team. The last one will maybe be the third legendary if there is one.

same here, i love mudkip and its evolution tree. first time i chose an other starter than fire - diddnt regret it .:|

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    I don't want to decide who to bring on to my team yet, as we haven't really gotten that much information. I think I will only know once I see all the mons.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2016
    I'm quite sure that my team is going to be built like this:

- #TeamPopplio
    - Nekkoala
    - Regional bird (still hoping for the Peacock)
    - New Pokémon #1
    - New Pokémon #2
    - Sandshrew (-> Sandslash) !!

I was thinking about Sandslash due to the fact that I'll have Popplio as my main Pokémon, whose typing is Water. His weaknesses are Grass and Electric.

The regional bird would make up for the Grass type enemies, whereas Sandslash will screw up all Electric type enemies. Furthermore, it just looks sick & I love it.

I'm wondering about the regional Bug - if it's cool, I'll certainly use it as well.

Years
    I don't want to decide who to bring on to my team yet, as we haven't really gotten that much information. I think I will only know once I see all the mons.

Since I'll likely wait until Christmas to get the games, I'll at least learn the entire roster by then and have a team planned. That was the approach I had when it came to B2/W2 and X/Y, and won't change for the forseeable future.

I usually think it's best to see the regional Dex and entire new Pokemon roster first (which doesn't get fully revealed until the games are released) before planning the in-game team.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    So far the only member I know for sure I will have on my team in Pokemon Moon will be Popplio. I will wait until all of the new Pokemon for this gen are revealed before I decide my whole team. Course I did complete the theme for the nicknames I will be doing. The theme for the nicknames of my team members will be Planets from the Metroid series.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I hadn't even considered the fossil pokemon! I want a rock type on my team, so that would be an option.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    I was going to say from the Gen 7 pokemon so far I'd definitely use Rowlet and Pikipek, but seeing that in writing, it's a little redundant to have two flying types. So probably just Rowlet at this point - though I am very tempted to pick Popplio since it's by far my favorite starter, but it would feel weird not picking the grass type... So who knows.

For more pokemon I want to use, I'd happily use older gen Pokemon I've never used before. Seeing Ledyba in the footage makes me want to use Ledian on my team, but it's so weak there's no point.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    I really like both Rowlet and Pikipek, but since they're both flying... I guess it depends on Pikipek's evo's typing on whether I pick him or not. If he gets a new typing, then he's on the team, and if not, I might still pick him anyway.

From the pokemon we've currently seen, I think my team will be something like this:

Rowlet
    Pikipek?
    Iwanko
    ???
    ???
    ???

Of course, if Rowlet's evo is rubbish, I might pick Popplio for my starter, and then Pikipek would be guaranteed.

xRiveria

Serena's Groom
    Years
    I always use Pokemon native to the region in my first playthrough of newly released games. I enjoy exploring and theorycrafting their potential capabilities in whichever content I find myself attempting in the unforeseeable future. At the moment, I've decided on Popplio, Pikipek & Iwanko. I definitely hope to see more sneak peaks of upcoming Pokemon soon. ~

That is, if I resist sending over an Eevee Egg which I've failed to for several generations already.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I was going to say from the Gen 7 pokemon so far I'd definitely use Rowlet and Pikipek, but seeing that in writing, it's a little redundant to have two flying types.

If that theory about Rowlet ending up Grass/Ground turns out to be true then it could work.

Unless your issue is with having two bird pokemon on your team.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Flying, Normal is usually my team roster

Depends on what the game gives us

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    If that theory about Rowlet ending up Grass/Ground turns out to be true then it could work.

Unless your issue is with having two bird pokemon on your team.

The theory about Rowlet becoming Grass/Ground makes no sense. Why would the Grass/Flying type completely reverse its sub-typing and become Grass/Ground?

danica

water fairy !!
    Years
    definitely gonna get myself a popplio (i might even soft-reset for a shiny, hopefully it's pink!)
    ...and that's it. i don't really care for any of the new pokemon. they're cute and unique and all but none of them really catch my eye. iwanko is especially adorable, but i don't really want a rock type on my team, they never really work for me :\

Back