• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What your take on them...

Years
    • Age 32
    • OH
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Mornin Everyone,

I'm currently playing Emerald as a ROM on my phone and I have just decided to use a cheat or two, to get a few Pokemon that I could otherwise not get in the game. What's your take on it??

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Do you mean do we approve or not? Well if you're on a ROM, why not cheat?

Get Zangoose. Zangoose is cool as any pokémon can be but only obtainable in Ruby

Years
    • Age 32
    • OH
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    I have never been one to cheat while playing, but I really wanted a few pokemon that I'm quite sure I couldn't get on the rom. Just wanted your opinions is all.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    If you're only asking whether or not we approve of you using cheats or not, I don't think other people's opinions should matter on this since whether you cheat or not doesn't affect us at all. Are you asking whether or not we approve of cheating in general, though?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I'm asking your views on cheating in general

You need to make your point very clear in the first post of your threads in order for people to discuss with you properly. Either way a general view on cheating in a Pokemon doesn't belong in the 3rd gen section just because you did it on an emerald ROM, it belongs in Pokemon Gaming central, which is where I am moving this thread.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I find cheating to be okay, so long as you're keeping it personal and not letting it affect others' experience (for example, hacking some Pokémon, and then trading it with a stranger). I've never had to go through such a thing, but I'm sure plenty of other people have, and while some necessarily don't mind, others definitely do; if you're not careful as to what you're doing, hacking Pokémon could indeed make them seem illegal. If you are, though, and manage to make them look and behave like a legitimate one, then I suppose it won't be such a huge issue.

Do I cheat, personally? Yes, I do. I don't cheat throughout my initial play, but when I give the game a second or third run, I find myself trying them out every once in a while just to see how it's like. I'm a huge fan of walk-through wall codes, as they allow you get to places that you never could before, by enabling you to, as it says, walk past anywhere. It's pretty fun, actually!

Years
    If it's a normal playthrough, I wouldn't do it, but it's your call.

If it were a challenge where you could trade in Pokémon that aren't available in the very game because they were part of your requested team, then i'd go for it.

Years
    I'm asking your views on cheating in general

If you're using it to get Pokemon you can later trade to someone, then no, it's interferring with others and it is NOT okay.

If you're using it for personal uses ONLY, then I and I am pretty sure everyone else, don't care.

I personally dont cheat, I only clone stuff in pokemon Emerald. Items and Pokemon. But it's not cheating so yeah.
    I just dont find any fun in cheating. Kind of ruins the fun.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I think you can do whatever you want as long as it doesn't involve others, and if it does, that they know and are okay with it. A lot of people really like to have legitimate Pokemon or those untouched by cheats, so if you're cheating to deceive then I definitely disapprove.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    To be honest I don't know what a rom is. The only cheat I've ever done in a Pokemon game is cloning of Pokemon. I've never gone after missingno and duplicated my inventory or caught pokemon with weird moves, I wouldn't even know how to.

Years
    To be honest I don't know what a rom is. The only cheat I've ever done in a Pokemon game is cloning of Pokemon. I've never gone after missingno and duplicated my inventory or caught pokemon with weird moves, I wouldn't even know how to.

ROM is read-only memory chip - a computer data file of a video game cartridge. In layman's terms it's a file you use to play video games on your computer. I'm fine with cheating on them; used to do it all the time to get the pokemon I wanted early on that aren't available anywhere in game.

Back