• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's in the egg? [Possible spoiler warning]

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    And all those counter parts were pokemon owned by trainers. I don't see why the would have Ash Sandile then another one that follows them as a replacement to TR for comic relief. A lot of other ways? Seems like only one other way which is for it to hatch from the egg. Did not Squirtle when wearing sunglasses have a tuff personaltiy when it was with Squirtle Squad then lightened up when it was in the company of Ash. There are several instances when it was scared like on Island of Giant Pokemon or when Ash was facing Sabrina. I think its more that Sandile was spooked then it is showing babying tendencies.

Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 15, 2011
    I really think Ash is going to catch that sunglasses-wearing Sandile.... it's been following Ash around a lot.

It kind of reminds me of Ash's earlier adventure with Squirtle.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    So what about the recurring Sandile? They already had Oshawott follow Ash around before he caught it, having it happen again is too much of a cheap cop-out plotwise, even for the Pokemon writers. Besides, there are plenty of times members of Ash's team have had counterparts of their evolutionary families appear- Ash's Gligar and Paul's Gliscor, his Torterra and Paul's, his Bulbasaur/Squirtle and May's, his Cyndaquil/Quilava and Dawn's...

...anyway, there's a lot of other ways Ash could get a Sandile than just "catching what's following him," and seeing what the writers have done with Team Rocket this season I have high hopes for them being able to do something more unique.

"Ruffian" could describe Dark-type Pokemon of any species pretty well, and let's not forget that the BW020 art shows Sandile clinging to Ash's leg, which seems like something a young child would do with its parent, and certainly contrary to the tough, reckless one we've seen so far. (incidentally, has the title been totally confirmed? It wouldn't be the first time we took fake names as real...)

I think that the sunglasses Sandile has more to come in the plot, and that it's related to the one Ash will get in some way. I just don't think they're the same one, and it's an awesome enough species to get away with two members of it in the series.

There is a BIG difference between Oshawott following Iris and Ash and Sandile. Oshawott was clearly going to join Ash, the writers just wanted to drag that out. They just didn't want to give Ash a starter in the primere. So they waited till the third episode. (Besides, I mean that's also a case of get it over with since they even spoiled that in trailers). Also, even is this is a restart...there have many plot cop outs (Did you already forget the whole Takuto debacle?). Same writers, same essential style. I mean a reoccuring Pokemon needs be actually you know,..reoccuring not you leave the Pokemon for one episode then it walks up to you the next asking to be caught essentially. Now finally as for evolutionary counterparts: that's between him and rivals/traveling companion s, not between him and wild Pokemon that they could catch.

Also, you're not really giving a good enough reason as to why the writers should not use a Sandile that's been showing up again. I mean why make a new one when they have a perfectly good one? I mean can you actually give a reason as to why you believe there should be a second one...you know other then it being cool?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2011
    its a Meguroco

Ok, if you get the chance go to wikipedia and look up pokemon best wishes scroll down through the episodes and towards the end their is one called "The Wild Child That Hatched From The Egg".... in the summary it says its gonna be a Meguroco so the egg mystery is solved

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    You are aware people, just about anyone can edit a Wiki? That is why when doing research papers teachers say they are an unreliable source. Sandile may be in the Egg, but if the source is Wikipedia I am not going to believe that until it is confirmed.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
    If ash egg were to hatch into sandile he would have 6 pokemon. Which means if he were to capture another pokemon he would have 7 and would have to oak one. We've seen toys that have shown ash with a full team of 6 and Sandile as the last and calendar picks with ash and his team. Ash will get a Sandile in his 6th spot before the egg hatches or if it hatches into it. Now for Kirururu, I say Ash will meet it in episode 18 in the forest. If you look at the previews to come in 2011 it shows ash catching a pokemon, but if you look at the ground it is clearly in the forest. I have no idea where Zuruggu will come into it but obviously Iris will have it by episode 20. Maybe Iris secretly has another pokemon.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I am here to end all the speculation! If you don't want to know what the egg is don't read the spoilers.

Spoiler:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I am here to end all the speculation! If you don't want to know what the egg is don't read the spoilers.

Spoiler:
    Heh, just saw the preview, seems pretty awsome - still think he'll give it to Iris

Heres the preview if anyone is interested:
    Spoiler:

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    See I KNEW it was not Kurimiru or Sandile. Now, the question is (which alludes to) is Iris going to get it? I mean she is seen battling it with Kibago, so...and she;s at the end the preview.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Also, even is this is a restart...there have many plot cop outs (Did you already forget the whole Takuto debacle?). Same writers, same essential style.

Also, you're not really giving a good enough reason as to why the writers should not use a Sandile that's been showing up again. I mean why make a new one when they have a perfectly good one? I mean can you actually give a reason as to why you believe there should be a second one...you know other then it being cool?
    No, I didn't forget. But you know what? This is the Best Wishes saga. Not the Sinnoh storyline. So far they were showing a lot of promise with actually doing things differently for once- Team Rocket actually did things. We just had an episode where they didn't even appear! So they can toss the plot up whatever way they want to. There was nothing stopping them from not doing things exactly the same way they used to.

Frankly, given the revelation that it is Zuruggu, I'm kind of disgusted with the writers. Not that I don't like Zuruggu, I love it, but of all the rules they can break it just had to be the "eggs are the same colors as the Pokemon" rule. Great going, writers. Real trailblazing there.

As for the Sandile, I thought it'd be interesting to have a wild rival to one of the team members. Aaahhh, I just wanted to believe in the writers for once. I suppose I was deluding myself.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    See I KNEW it was not Kurimiru or Sandile. Now, the question is (which alludes to) is Iris going to get it? I mean she is seen battling it with Kibago, so...and she;s at the end the preview.

You see the Pokemon (I totes forgot its name >>) battling several Denchura. I think Iris swoops in, literally and saves it.

Zurukin (?) takes a liking to Iris more than Ash. Zurukin decides it wants to go with Iris instead.

Happy Families.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    No, I didn't forget. But you know what? This is the Best Wishes saga. Not the Sinnoh storyline. So far they were showing a lot of promise with actually doing things differently for once- Team Rocket actually did things. We just had an episode where they didn't even appear! So they can toss the plot up whatever way they want to. There was nothing stopping them from not doing things exactly the same way they used to.

Frankly, given the revelation that it is Zuruggu, I'm kind of disgusted with the writers. Not that I don't like Zuruggu, I love it, but of all the rules they can break it just had to be the "eggs are the same colors as the Pokemon" rule. Great going, writers. Real trailblazing there.

As for the Sandile, I thought it'd be interesting to have a wild rival to one of the team members. Aaahhh, I just wanted to believe in the writers for once. I suppose I was deluding myself.
    You realize your second point derails your first. By your own logic, they can break any rules they want because this is Best Wishes. It's the whole doing things differently thing.

In any case, I knew it was going to be Zurrugu so I'm happy. As long as I was right, because you know I like to inject logic into things, I really don't care what happens.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I Don't think Ash will give Iris Zuruggu because the new event is Satoshi's Zuruggu and note how the Zuruggu OT is サトシ (Satoshi or in English Ash) and not Iris. I think that it was just some sort of coincidence that Zuruggu is standing next to Iris. However Ash may give it to Iris later, I just don't hope he releases a few episodes later and does something like Larvitar.

Pic from Pokemonaus

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I Don't think Ash will give Iris Zuruggu because the new event is Satoshi's Zuruggu and note how the Zuruggu OT is サトシ (Satoshi or in English Ash) and not Iris. I think that it was just some sort of coincidence that Zuruggu is standing next to Iris. However Ash may give it to Iris later, I just don't hope he releases a few episodes later and does something like Larvitar.

Pic from Pokemonaus

Yes but the episode were Ash supposedly gives Iris Zuruggu is episode 20.

There's still 3 more episodes to go, he could give it to her in any of those :x Or it could be like you said and Zuruggu could be just standing next to her, (In the preview it looks like a Zuruggu Vs. Kibago thing is gonna be a new gimmic) so maybe its just wanting to find Kibago O_O

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Trade Zuruggu for Doryuzu please! I would like to see it actually get used if Iris isn't going to do anything with it. I just want Ash to have Sandile. If it keeps Zuruggu that is fine but I want Sandile!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Zuruggu. I saw some pre-release pics for next episode. And it shows a zuruggu headbutting ash's pidove, and the dencura.

Back