• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the earliest you've gotten a shiny before?

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
  • Sentret on Route 29 in Soul Silver, not long after getting Poké Balls for the first time. And that's why you should never level grind before getting them.

Days
    • Seen Feb 23, 2024
    I once found a Shiny Budew on Route 4 in X, a little after the first Gym.
    I was actually hunting for a 1% White Flower Flabébé encounter to use on my team, but I decided to use the Budew instead - if I'd spent so long looking for a regular Pokémon that I found a Shiny first, it probably wasn't worth the effort to keep looking.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The earliest I've ever gotten a Shiny was in... I can't remember if it was Sun or Ultra Sun, but it was one of the Alola games. And the very first encounter I got that I was able to catch ended up being a Shiny Pikipek.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • One time, I found a shiny Torchic while playing a new save file in Emerald while my parents, siblings and I were at the mall.

...And I didn't save the game.

Years
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen Nov 29, 2023
    I've had a couple of shinies that I obtained early in my games :P

I've gotten a Zizagoon in Omega Ruby, before fighting Roxanne on the route between Rustboro and the cave, thanks to the Professor Oak's Challenge I was doing. I also got a shiny Machop during my Platinum Professor Oak's Challenge, on the route north of Oreburgh with the Ponyta... let me tell you, that section was a slog lol

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • One time I went hunting for shinies in a Friend Safari. The very first encounter was a shiny Pawniard. I almost screamed, if not for me being in the car with my family lol

EDIT: reading through the responses, I realize this is supposed to be the earliest shiny as in earliest in your journey, not the quickest shiny hunt. In that case, I never found any shiny Pokemon until post-game.

Back