• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where did you grow up?

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
  • I grew up in County Durham, in the North East of England.

There's.. not much here, really. We have a cricket team and a cathedral and.. not a lot else. There are worse places to have grown up, I guess.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I grew up in the small town of Eustis, Florida. Or that one town that gets overshadowed by Orlando xD. It's meh.

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • THE KANTO REGION LOL

Just kidding, born and raised in Virginia. Good place where I live, better than the Chicago's out there.

Since you grew up or "live" in Virginia, are you near Virginia Beach or ever been there? I heard it's a really nice beach.

Anyways I grew up in Missouri. Definitely better than Illinois (where I live now). People are so nice there where people here are just ignorant. Guess that's Chicago for you.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2014
    I grew up in Birmingham, England [Boldmere]. I spent 13 years there, then moved to London, then back to Birmingham.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I grew up in Cornwall, England, and consider myself quite fortunate as I think it's one of the most beautiful places in the country. Lots of events, lots of places to visit. I'd definitely like to live there again someday.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I grew up in Cornwall, England, and consider myself quite fortunate as I think it's one of the most beautiful places in the country. I'd definitely like to live there again someday.

Confirmed: Vendak is King Arthur

Years
  • I've lived in Chester County, Pennsylvania my whole life, I do wonder what it would've been like had I been somewhere else. My parents lived in a house in Wayne but moved here in between when my sister was born and when my brother and I were. So yeah, nothing for me has really changed on this matter.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I live in the city in Florida that has had the highest murder rate for over a decade. Good ol' murder capital of Florida.

Years
  • Lots of places. My mom was in the Air Force, so we moved whenever the Air Force stationed her somewhere else. The simplest answer I could say is "the Midwest", because that's the only region I've lived in the US. I lived in a few foreign countries, but we didn't get out much, so it didn't really shape me.

If someone asked me where I'm from, I'd likely tell them the city I live now out of simplicity. I lived here a year and a half or whatever during my teenage years, and then moved back here 5 years ago. At this point it wins by default, haha.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I was born in Mexico but I grew up in San Bernardino, CA. The Inland Empire. The I.E. yo. The only place in SoCal that's not too hot nor too cold.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • Minneapolis, born and raised. Grew up in the city and that's where I plan to stay.

Racket

The TCG Professor
    Years
  • I grew up in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada until I moved away for school at 18. Probably not going to move back any time soon.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • West Philadelphia, born and raised
    On the playground is where I spent most o' my days

I don't have a hometown - I was raised here, there, and everywhere. I have a taste of a lot of places and lifestyles.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I was born in Guyana, South America and moved to the United States at age 5. MY family on my mother's side still live in South America and I get to see them every few years. Now that I'm growing older though, and have more freedom I'm trying to see them at least once a year. From the age of five, I lived in the western part of Kentucky for a few years and had many friends; later on my family and I would move to northern Kentucky and I would finish high school. Now I live in Arkansas going to college. I've made many friends along the way and still try to keep up with most of them.

Back