• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do you go for inspiration?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I swear I'm not looking for ideas right now
    When I do graphics, I usually need some source of inspiration. I figure a lot of graphic artists and designers are a lot like me. So where do you guys go for your inspiration?

Personally I spend a hell of a lot of time on Deviant Art. Often I look at traditional art too though, I visit some other arty farty sights and I see art there and they tend to give me ideas to do more art. But primarily, I look at a stock, and look for inspiration and concepts through it.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I visit Gav's or moments' gallery. Or browse through some works of vVintage (my fave, definitely). I get pretty pumped up after seeing those works and start working on something myself. In short, my veterans are my inspiration.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • how many times have you made this thread...

I also spend a lot of time on DeviantArt, and again, traditional art is big inspiration for me too! But otherwise, just looking through my stocks, either in folders on on sites and just scrolling through hundreds gets the juices flowing. Usually I will make a tag because I will see a stock and immediately imagine an outcome relevant to that stock, and then I go from there.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Not gonna lie. For inspiration I usually end up stalking looking at Massimo's stuff since it's probably what I find the most inspiring. A lot of the time also I go looking at just random things like the Harry Potter wiki for other interests and have just a thought of seeing some nice, high quality stocks to use gives me more of a thought which I could be inspired to use. :)

Years
  • I get inspiration from all over the place, like most other people i stalk DA quite a lot to get some ideas of how certain things would work together but for the content of most of my work it comes from conversations that either i've had or i've stalked on here >:) as for colour and stuff i tend to look at signomis work. The thing i most admire about her work is her use of colour so i try to implement some of it to my work.
    As for anything else i usually stalk this forum x] some of the work here has inspired me to step out of my comfort zone and try things such as icons or typographic work that i never usually attempt to do.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I just visit other galleries here on PC and sometimes look around on deviantART for inspiration.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Various places on dA
    InstinctiveNature
    Illumination
    (there was another showcase/exhibit place, but I can't remember the name right now)

THE AIR FAREWELL TAG WALL. it is the greatest tag wall.... ever.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • I spend a ridiculous amount of time browsing behance.net for inspiration when I want to work on something graphic design related, or art in general. There's seriously so much cool stuff on there. I'll often as well look through moleskin pools on flickr as there's super cool doodles and artwork in those pools.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • I get motivated when I view your or moment.'s gallery. It pushes me to get better.:) I look mainly on dA, Google Image Search, or another stock website. For textures, I use CGTextures.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Usually stalk a few PC member's galleries, moments., Gav, Ana, Derozio and Captain Fabio for Photography. I remember looking at Raiden's/ the bitter end. and Rush (Don't remember his current PC username) when I was younger as well all which pushed me to try and go a step farther.

deviantART is the second place I'd go. I don't go there looking for tags or icons that much though some things catch my eye and inspires me. Sometimes tag or icon or LP will be there when I least expect it.
    Some photographers on DA have epic as photography and I feel like capturing a moment similar to that.

Through safebooru I find nice stocks and renders and I feel the need to make a tag for it. Or when I go digital drawing I feel like drawing something in that style.

Back