• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where's that Plectrum...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    It's an average day, you're strumming the guitar using your favourite plectrum and BAM. It's gone. Maybe it's pinged off somewhere or maybe it's been eaten by the plectrum fairy, but one thing's for sure - you ain't getting it back. Personally I go through about a plectrum a week, and lose them in all sorts of ways - the strangest place I've ever found one again was in my hair when I woke up and one in my rabbit hutch! There's this one A7x Nightmare tour plectrum that I caught from Synyster Gates himself, and that one is NEVER being used, just in case something happens to it.

So I was wondering, how many plectrums do you guitar players manage to get through? Where's the strangest place you've found one? Do you keep back any plectrums that you couldn't bare to lose?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    HONESTLY I have spent HOURS looking for them I don't even know how it happens, I don't have all that many (about 15? it's not much compared to others) and I have no idea how many I've lost. I haven't got any rare ones, but I do kind of value the first one I ever got so I wouldn't really want to lose that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2014
    I often play the guitar when I am speaking to people on Facebook chat, and when I type I hold the pick between my lips. I once searched for around 30 mins before I realised it was there the whole time.

Years
  • I often buy a few packets and make a pile of about thirty picks in my room - I have to go through this process multiple times each year. When I clean my room I usually find eight or so picks but still, they go missing way too much, and half of them I never find again.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Haha, thank god I'm not the only one this happens to! So what type of plectrums do people like to use?

Years
  • I used to lose them chronically. I now play 90% of the time with my fingers, so I don't lose them. Funnily enough, I lose picks less often, as well. Sure, I don't use them very often, but I don't think I've lost one in months.

I tell you what, though, although it doesn't work for heavy stuff, I wouldn't go back to picks. Longer nails get in the way occasionally, but it's worth it, IMO.

Back