• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which fossil did you choose?

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I'm making my way through Mt. Moon and trying to decide which one I should pick. I like Kabuto's line better but I always pick that! Should I try Omanyte's instead? Which one do you pick?

Years
  • Dome fossil! I love Kabuto. One of the most interesting Pokemon in the franchise imho :)

If you already have games with Kabuto, take Helix, just for the sake of variety...or...take the Dome cos its awesome! > : D

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    Dome fossil! I love Kabuto. One of the most interesting Pokemon in the franchise imho :)

Yes, I love Kabutops! I really need to do a run with it, I haven't used it much despite usually picking it.

I have both Pokemon in another file, so I think I'm going to go with the Dome fossil again anyways :)

Years
  • Yes, I love Kabutops! I really need to do a run with it, I haven't used it much despite usually picking it.

I have both Pokemon in another file, so I think I'm going to go with the Dome fossil again anyways :)

Yeah ikr. I would use fossils if those museums and labs weren't so far in the story :/

Good luck :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I went with the Dome Fossil. I prefer the Kabuto line to the Omantye line, though I don't think I've used them much. I wanna say I've used them at least once in FRLG, which isn't a lot. I replayed those a lot as a kid, haha.

Years
  • I chose the Dome Fossil, and had I not already caught a Staryu to take the role of my Water type, I would've used Kabutops in my first play-through of Kanto. I like its design more than most other fossils, to be honest. Its appearance in the Lati@s anime movie helped with this decision as well. n__n

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    ^ Omanyte and Kabuto both have the same type.

I always pick the Dome fossil whenever I feel like adding it to the team. I just like Kabutops over Omastar. The first time I've played through Kanto was the only time I picked the Helix fossil, but that was only because I forgot which Pokémon came from which fossil. I was disappointed when I got Omanyte, but when I decided to use him anyway, he was an awesome member of the team. After that though, I always go for Dome. Helix is cool, but still. Hail Dome!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wound up choosing Dome, because I'm a huge fan of Kabutops. It might not be that great Speed or defensive-wise, but it's Attack stat is extremely high, so it could strike down any of your opponent with only one blow. If you manage to set up Swords Dance, you should be all set for sweeping. Omastar's okay, but I just don't like its design very much.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I only ever got the Helix Fossil. I prefer Omanyte and Omastar much more than Kabuto and Kabutops, especially in games where Water is a special attacking type, and Kabutops learns so many great special attacks and very few physical ones. Plus the Oma-line is just way cuter. <3

Girl

04/07/14
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2014
    I chose the Helix fossil out of ignorance. I prefer Kabutops.

Years
  • Seeing as I'd already had a Kabutops traded to me on Sapphire, I went with the Helix Fossil in FireRed. To be honest, I've never cared for either of the original fossil families, so they'd always end up stuck in a PC box for the majority of my game.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I used Kabutops in Diamond, and it was really awesome. I honestly don't think I should suggest anything, since I never used Omanyte and I don't really like its design, ahah.

Years
  • I went with Helix. <3 Kabutops wasn't as good until the physical/special split in the fourth generation so I let him be for a while.. though I also never did use Omastar either, lol. Either way I found it to be the better of the two design-wise plus the fossil name sounded cooler.

Years
  • I have reset both my FR and LG so much, but I usually went with the Helix Fossil first (I'd take the Dome in the other game) simply because Lord Helix I thought the name sounded cooler and didn't really like either Omastar and Kabutops.

Back