• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which game has the best starting events?

Best starting event?

• R/B

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Y

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • G/S

• C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R/S

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • E

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • FR/LG

• D/P

• Pt

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • HG/SS

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • B/W

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    This just appeared in my head.
    Which game has the best starting events(events which you introduce yourself until you get your first pokemon)?
    The poll closes after the day after my Graduation, which is April 1.
    State your reason why!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    How does R/S differ from E? I've only played E. And that would have to be my favorite of the beginnings of each game.

R/B/Y is the classic, so they are original, but the fact that the other games follow similar lines makes them less unique.

G/S/C are generic.

D/P/P are fairly interesting, traveling to the lake and stuff, but they are less exciting than R/S/E, which has a better story to it.

And B/W were the worst. You don't even have to leave the house and the starters are there!

I like how E's start was unique. You begin in a moving truck, which I believe is unique to all the other Gens, which start in your home/room. You have just arrived in the house, there are moving Pokemon, etc. You go to route 1, and instead of "Wait! Wild grass is dangerous!" you see an action shot of the professor getting chased by a Pokemon. You meet your starter for a reason that isn't "You are on a quest to fill the Pokedex, take a starter," which is exciting and unique, and in my opinion, the best.

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • R/S is my favourite, the moving truck was strange and the Professor running in circles from a Poochyena was quite entertaining... =P

Years
  • I loved the BW starting event, I think it's cool to get your Starter Pokemon received in a present.

It's like someone wants to give you the ultimate birthday gift, your starter!

mineox100

Hey.
    Years
  • I voted for Yellow. Why? When you go to the grass I thought it was going to happen the same thing as Red and Blue, but instead you get to see Prof. Oak battle! I thought that I'm going to get Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle as a starter, but instead it was Pikachu!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • RSE is the best. There's something about the beginning of the game that I really like. It gets you to the point, but not too quickly to where you don't know what's going on. And it's not slow like DPPT and BW. Though, I have to wonder why you have RS and E separate. The only difference in their beginning is there are moving Machoke in RS and Vigoroth in E. And then you battle Poochyena in RS, and Zigzagoon in E. So...yeah. Basically the same beginning. I'll just vote for Emerald since it's my favorite.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I voted for RS, though E is the same. I think it was a very simple beginning compared to the other generations. Personally, I hated the DPPt beginning because it was so long and you had to do all this stuff before you even left the second town. The same goes for the Johto games, so yeah.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    I voted for RS, though E is the same. I think it was a very simple beginning compared to the other generations. Personally, I hated the DPPt beginning because it was so long and you had to do all this stuff before you even left the second town. The same goes for the Johto games, so yeah.

Remember, the OP is talking about everything leading up to the moment you get your starter, not everything up to the time you're free to do whatever you want. But either way, good choice.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Hmm... Not much difference there, though I consider going to Mr. Pokemon in HGSS part of the beginning events.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    R/S/E. It was cute. I loved the Machoke and Vigoroth fixing my house. Plus, I always thought the Pokemon CHASING Birch was kinda funny. The games are a HECK of a lot faster than D/P/Pt, too. Black and White take a little time, but at least they're engaging you in catching a Pokemon and whatnot, instead of talking about how they went around the world for four years and then take four years to tell you "omg here ur pogeyman congrats".

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • How does R/S differ from E? I've only played E. And that would have to be my favorite of the beginnings of each game.
    In R/S, Prof. Birch is attacked by a Poochyena; in E, he's attacked by a Zigzagoon.

Anyway, I voted for R/S/E because I like how you get to use your starter right away as soon as you get it. D/P/Pt come in close, for the same reason.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I voted BW, because it's the most original to my mind.
    Theoretically maybe it's not the best, but I appreciate the effort to make something very different than what we are used to. For that reason, it's my favourite starting event.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Black and White. Not really due to bias but the fact that getting your Pokemon as a present and battling with it against your two friends is pretty awesome. ;x I'd have appreciated if you got off an airplane like you got off a truck in R/S. :(

Spiron

High life.
    Years
  • I went with Diamond & Pearl. I feel like they did a good job re-inventing how you receive your first Pokemon; mind you, I can't exactly remember Ruby or Sapphire or how they begin but I really thought they did a good job on introducing the world of Pokemon in D/P.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I enjoyed the "Saving Prof. Birch" event, it was an actual instant hands on battle also the fact that you get the Pokémon in return for saving him, it's logical.

Back