• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which game's box art do you like more?

Years
  • Fun talk!

Which game's box art do you like more?

They're both lovely, but in your opinion which of these two games has the better box art?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • They're both fine I guess... it's really whichever legendary you like better? I like Solgaleo a tad better so I guess Sun's boxart?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Personally I'm leaning on Moon's boxart tad bit better because I like the blue aesthetics and how beautiful the art is with Lunala in it. But then, Sun's boxart is looking awesome with Solgaleo in it too.

Years
  • Definitely Moon. I have a love towards the beautiful stuff and the moon is one of them, especially when you have that background and the beautiful Lunala with it.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Both of them compliment each other really well which makes it harder to pick between the two. Initially, I was drawn to the Moon box art so I'd have to say that has the edge over Sun.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I like Moons boxart better.

Even ignoring that I much prefer Lunala. I also like how some of it's body is cut off and not just pasted in the middle of the cover.

Also Solgaleo just looks weirder floating in the sky.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Moon's.

First off would be the background. The sun in Sun's background doesn't have a clear "trapping line," which is fine in theory because it's like a fiery sun object. But the very distinct contrast between the moon's edge and the starry sky background I feel helps Moon's by giving it a very obvious background. I can barely see that there's a sun in Sun's background, it just looks like a gradient. That combined with the colors of the background makes it unclear if it's supposed to be a fiery sky background, or if Solgaleo is supposed to be "in the sun." Lunala's background is very clearly the night sky with the moon.

The other positive factor would be Lunala's silhouette. The fact that Lunala actually reaches the edges of the box creates a sort of "trapping" effect; there's nowhere to really escape to when you look at it. Because Solgaleo is, in its entirety, in the center of the box, you can sort of escape to the background all around it, and in a sense "leave the box." And the general silhouette of Lunala also makes it more obvious that Lunala's head isn't in the dead-center of the box, giving it a stronger sense of movement, along with the curves of its wings.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    while i chose pkmn sun to play i prefer moon's box art much more - the colours blend nicely together and are a lot less harsh than sun's box cover (which suits the ideas of sun and moon i guess!) and design seems very serene and relaxed.

Years
  • I love Moon's boxart, the moon looks so cool and there's an aurora type sky in the background which is amazing.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Both are appealing to my eye but I'm more drawn to Sun's box art more from liking Solgaleo's design over Lunala.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • I like them both but Moon it is for me! I've always liked shades of blue and purple and all kinds of nightly aesthetics. All of those things appear in the box art beautifully. There are always the specific kind of cool vibes about those colors too.

Back