• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Kanto/Hoenn starters did you choose?

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    On Heartgold I chose Bulbasaur and Torchic. I was lucky on both of them. Bulbasaur had a Modest nature while Torchic had a Naughty nature.

On Soulsilver I chose Squirtle and Treeko. Don't remember their natures at the moment...

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2023
    All of them. I really don;t have a favorite. I'd have to say, Charmander and Cyndaquil. But I still love the other starters too, can't forget about them!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    On HeartGold, I chose Charmander and Treecko. On SoulSilver, I chose Squirtle and Mudkip. It's really quite cruel that they make you go through that agonising choice not only once, but three times in those games lol. I think I sat there for nearly half an hour weighing up which ones I wanted before I realised that was half an hour of my life I'd never ever get back.

Years
    I haven't picked them yet, but when I get the opportunity I'm going to choose Squirtle and Torchic. I've got the other 4 starters or evolutions on my other games, and these are the last two I need.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
    I usually choose the Water type starter. There was only one incident were I chose a different typed starter which was Turtwig in Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Versions. But if I would have to chose my favorite starter it would be Squirtle FTW!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Charmander and Mudkip. I always choose Charmander in the Kanto games, and I wish I'd chosen Mudkip on Emerald (I chose Torchic D: )

DiabloMask

Pokemon creator
    Years
    I always choose water pokemon
    cause they're always usefull, but if i could choose
    Charmunder, i wouldn't hesitate.

Last edited:

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2013
    Mine is the same as your second. Cyndaquil, Squirtle and Treecko. I used Squirtle plenty of times but my Typhlosion and my Quilava gang team is more powerful than Arceus level 100. I have proved this with much difficulty

Back