• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which one of the legendary birds was the hardest to catch?

Which one of the legendary birds was the hardest to catch?

• Articuno

Votes: 64 57.1%
  • Zapdos

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • Moltres

Votes: 26 23.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
  • Zapdos is killing my life OMG i have caught the others so easily i have Zapdos running around with one hp and asleep and i keep throwing ultra balls dusk Balls at night and quick balls and it never gets caught

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • I found them to be of roughly equal difficulty, but if I had to choose, I'd probably say Zapdos was the hardest. :s

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    For me it's probably Moltres.

I tried and tried on my last play through to catch it, and it took me 6 or 7 times.

Zapdos took 2 or 3 I don't remember, I just killed it on accident once.

Articuno is the easiest for me. I caught with my second ultra ball today.

I literally used rock slide with Machamp and then used venusaur to put it to sleep. Two turns later it was mine.

Lockerz

Lockerz Fan!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2009
    Well for me Zapdos is very easy to catch. However, I think Articuno is the most challenging one. Moltres is okay not to hard or to easy. Just in between.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    For me, Moltres was the hardest to catch.
    It took me almost all of my ultra balls to catch it.

Greeeny

Yes, that's three E's.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2011
    Zapdos for me, just used up 55 ultra balls on him, Articuno / Moltres only took like 10-20.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2009
    same articuno i got so annoyed with him after 50 ultra balls i threw my master balls
    Ranking of easiest----
    Moltres- easiest
    Zapdos- not hard but not easy
    Articuno- Dont go there...

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2009
    I remember when I use to play the game with a passion and regularly, it always annoyed me at how difficult it was to catch Articuno.

Years
  • I always had massive difficulty with Moltres for some reason, lol. I never had to catch Articuno or Zapdos because I bought a second (used) Fire Red that had them both on it. XD

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
    Years
  • I just caught Zapdos again yesterday with two Ultra Balls.
    I always find Moltres to be the hardest for some reason.

Feminine Cuttlefish

Fire-Type Cuttlefish
    Years
  • For some reason I only remember attempting to catch Moltres, but I caught the others, but I just remember Moltres really well.

Me and my Blastoise, Pidgeot, and others climbing that trainer-filled mountain and spamming timer balls on the stunned avian fire creature.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back