• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokémon was the first one to hit the big 100?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Hey! So, a little different from the Grind to Level 100 thread, as this thread simply asks the following: which Pokémon was the actual first one you had that reached level 100? Do you remember its moveset? From any game!

For example... mine was Blastoise from Pokemon Blue!

latest

Its moveset was, I believe: Surf, Blizzard, Mimic, and Strength. I think back then, I was simply having fun with Mimic because it was reaaaally broken back at Gen 1. Stil, it became my first level 100 Pokémon after beating the Pokémon League so many times. ^^

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • My first was also my starter in my original Pokémon Blue that I played as a kid, Charizard in my case. Can't remember the moveset though...but I remember I wanted to see how high I could get its level, and then being disappointed to find out that it could only go as high as 100 :P

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I can't be 100% certain but I think it was a Dragonite in Pokemon Gold. As for movepool, I have no idea... probably Hyper Beam + Fly + two other moves?

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    For me it was feraligatr back in Gen2 gold version. I think it was bite, surf, ice punch and return.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Pretty sure it was a Blastoise from LeafGreen, though it didn't actually hit 100 'till I transferred it to Diamond. That might be the only one that's ever hit 100, actually. I'm not much for post-game grinding, tbh.

Movepooool.... um, if I were to venture a guess I'd say it probably had Surf, Hydro Cannon, Mega Punch and Crunch? It was a bit of a weird moveset.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Sceptile from Sapphire. I used it solely until I caught Kyogre/Rayquaza, so it was pretty easy to level up. I also tried to battle the Elite Four more than once with just this Pokemon, so that was a lot of EXP.

Second one was my Rayquaza. I'm just not sure if it was my Rayquaza from Emerald or Sapphire; I'll have to check. Third was my Blaziken from Emerald.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    The first one I ever fully got to 100 all by myself without getting lazy or bored of it was Togekiss in X/Y. Pathetic, I know.
    tumblr_m9pegxwvDv1qid2nw.gif
    I've been playing Pokemon for over 6 years now and I'd never actually completed training a Pokemon all the way up there until, like, two years ago. Lmao.

It knew Dazzling Gleam, Fly, Roost, and no clue on the last one to be honest. It was my baby, I'm pretty sure it's still in my Pokemon bank. ♡ My husband bred it for me cause he knew I wanted a female, and he named her Sparkle. Kind of glad, actually, that she was my first level 100 cause I'll definitely never forget her.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2021
    I'm very sure it was a Hydreigon from Pokemon White. I trained that thing up like.... a lot. By the time this happened, my other mons were about 60s-70s. When Hydreigon reached level 99, I just used a Rare Candy to get that bad boy to level 100!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Feraligatr in Silver shortly followed by Ariados. They are the only two Pokemon I can ever recall levelling up to 100 right from the start.

Years
  • It was my female Swampert in Ruby. She's now sitting in my SoulSilver when I had to get her onto my team to deal with Blue because my current team at the time didn't have the strength to fight him.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Charizard in Pokémon Blue. It's moveset was Flamethrower, Slash, Fire Blast and Strength. I was 10 years old and still naive about HMs. :)

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
    Years
  • My Torterra in Diamond was the first Pokemon I got to lvl 100. Pokemon Diamond was my first game in the franchise, by the way. Oh the good times I had playing that game for the first time as a little kid...

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I had a Kadabra in Crystal that was my first level 100. The moveset was probably something like: Psychic, Recover, Ice Punch, and Disable or Shadow Ball. I did wish I had someone to trade with back then to get an Alakazam, but Kadabra literally carried me in Crystal. The second would have been Kyogre in Sapphire.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    I know it's usually the trainer's starter to get to 100 first, but, for me, it was surprisingly my Swellow from my newest game, AlphaSapphire. 0.o

I was level grinding my team with the trainers at the battle resort, and my Swellow just happened to have th most advantages. So I ended up training it a lot XD the rest follow close behind though.

Years
  • Pretty sure it was my Banette in Sapphire. I loved it so much, ghost type moves were still considered physical at the time and Shadow Ball always did a ton of damage since Banette had a massive physical attack stat. I even trained a second one to lv. 100.

Maybe it was something in GSC though.. I vaguely remember getting team members to the 90s, but dk if any of them ever got to 100.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    My first 100 Pokemon was Jolteon in Yellow and I was so happy and excited that I had to show my parents...lol. I;m sure it had Thunder but as for the other 3 moves I have no clue.

Back