• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which pokemon in first season in ash's team was the strongest?

Years
  • *Pikachu (ep 1)
    *caterpie (episode 3)
    *pidgeotto (episode 3)
    * bulbasaur (episode 10)
    *charmander (episode 11)
    *squirte (episode 12)
    *krabby (episode 13)
    *muk (episode 30)
    * tauros (episode 35)
    Some pokemon are missing but these are the main ones. Now before you decide which is the strongest think about who impacted ash the most.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2016
    1.Charizard
    2.Pikachu
    3.Tauros
    4.Pidgeot
    5.Muk
    6.Bulbasaur
    7.Kingler
    8.Butterfree
    9.Squirtle

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • 1. Charmander up to Charizard - staright up his most powerful/strongest, now most helpful...thatd belong to Pikachu but thats not the question lol

2. Muk - might get some hate for this but Muk has some serious power that Ash was very dumb ot to use, I seem to remember Pikachu even struggling with it, if not even losing to it (memory a bit foggy of that episode). Imagine with some more training how stronger Muk could've been. Lastly, Muk never lost when battling under Ash as I recall. That is my reasoning for this placement.

3. Pikachu - most impactful but not the strongest, just had some serious guts and determination to power through and win battles

4. Pidgeotto -
    5. Bulbasaur - (for both 4 and 5) these two took so many opponents that were far stronger than they were

6. Tauros - had the brute strength but lacked any semblance of a defense that would've lifted it higher.

7 Kingler - another Pokemon that Ash underutilized, similar to Muk. Its too bad we never got a chance to see how powerful Kingler really was, could've been something pretty special with some training

8. Squirtle - tough little guy, but outside of Skull Bash, there wasn't much strength to it. Pains me so much to say, he was my favorite of the starters in the Anime.

9 Butterfree - This is simply because there wasn't much to go off due to it exit so early in the show, from what i remember, there wasn't much power but imo had the most potential cause Butterfree are surprisingly sturdy, powerful Pokemon with good training. So this evaluation for Butterfree is more of an incomplete than anything because there really wasn't much to base my evaluation on.

That is how i see Ash's Pokemon, though if you included Primeape in it, I'd have put it between Muk and Pikachu, that thing was a handful and so strong!

Back