• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which script and method handles Show_choices event commands?

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
  • Hello,
    I am trying to add one or two lines to the show_choices event command, globally.
    Which script handles the code for that spesific command?
    I tried def command 102 and setup_choices in interpreter, but my test code to see if that triggers in the correct point in the game did not run, leading me to believe it isn't handled anywhere near that section.
    I would have asked this on a more RM related forum except for the fact it appears Essentials has rewritten almost the entire RMXP engine.
    Thanks,
    Aaron

Years
  • I believe it uses
    Code:
    def Kernel.pbMessage

So it's very easy to do manually, however the actual rmxp event option is sort of hardcoded into the program itself.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
    Years
  • Hello, it doesn't appear the def kernel.pbMessage in pokemon messages does exactly what I want.
    I put a line in there to play a sound effect every time it is called so I could determine when def kernel.pbMessage is being called.
    It is not being called when show choices runs.
    I heard people say you can add show choices to support more than four choices, but the GUI wouldn't accept it, so surely show choices can be modified.
    Further help would be most appreciated.

Back