• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Which thread is for which category?

Years
    I need to know where I can ask about game mechanics generations 1-9.

Hi, can you be a bit more specific please?

Do you mean actual mechanics in the Pokémon games Gens 1 thru 9, or is this about implementing mechanics into your own ROMhack/Fangame project?

That said, please stop using this forum to post multiple threads about Pokémon questions; this is a section to feedback about general forum issues (can't access something, can't change profile picture, etc.)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Pretty sure he's talking more about the mainline games and not ROM Hacks

For generations 1 through 7, Previous Generations would be the place. For gens afterwards, you'll want to go to the relevant sections for those (Switch Games, Scarlet/Violet, etc). Pokémon Gaming Central is a good general area for things too.

So in the future you'll want to post in those places.

Days
    • Seen today
    Oh, I'm sorry for using the wrong thread user arcaneum. I think I found the right threads for the question, which was what user nah mentioned, previous generation and switch games. Sorry for clogging up the wrong thread.

Days
    • Seen today
    Does this site use a translator for other languages or compatible with Google translate? It would make it easier to understand Japanese, Korean, and other texts that don't use the English alphabet and the other way around.

Years
    Does this site use a translator for other languages or compatible with Google translate? It would make it easier to understand Japanese, Korean, and other texts that don't use the English alphabet and the other way around.

It does not and this won't be something we're currently looking into.

(Also I appreciate the threads to say thank you to staff, but please stop creating them - especially separate ones for each instance - in this section. If you want to leave feedback on how Staff have handled your queries, please feel free to do so in our Staff Feedback thread).

Back