• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which was the hardest gym to beat?

Hardest gym to beat?

• Total voters
Years
  • For me it was Gardenia. Prinplup does not make a good match for a Roserade and I don't like the Starly line

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • I had trouble with Crasher Wake's water Gym.
    ..His Floatzel outspeeds all of my Pokemon and always uses Aqua Jet/Ice fang.
    Bleh.

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Same. that Lucario was hell, I could only barely beat it by using Empoleon's bide.

AHC

Why Hi There!
    Years
  • On Pearl the fighting gym was a pain for me but I kind of had trouble with the ghost gym for some reason not only because of the Gengar and Mismagius outspeeding everything Drifblim was actually tanking with all of its HP.

jjohn779

The Uprising
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Wake's was easily the hardest with his Floatzel Aqua Jet
    PS:I destroyed the Fighting Gym with Infernape
    Log: Infernape used Flamethrower-Lucario has just been owned

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    Apparently the Ice gym was killing me, to be honest.
    Torterra was overall useless, Lucario was still in mid-training, Staraptor was twice as useless as Torterra and Luxray helped but died quickly. By the time Steelix joined my team, the gym was easy. I just forgot about my type-matchups.

Years
  • Fighting gym as well. My Monferno had a hard time against that Lucario, even though he had the type advantage. It's because of Lucario's Bone Rush. In diamond was the same with my Grotle, except the Bone Rush part.

Flan

has the bird flu.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    I hated Volkner (the electric gym) the first time I challenged him, as I had Empoleon. He absolutely creamed me. I was even overleveled at that point and he still beat me twice. That was also the first time I played through the game; I feel like I've learned a lot more since then, haha.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • For some reason, I thought the fighting gym was pretty easy with empoleon. For me, Volkner was hard, because 1/3 of my team was weak to his electric attacks and I hated that ELECTIVIRE.

Back