• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Who Gets to Keep Togepi?" Episode Discussion

Years
  • Here is where you can discuss the full-on introduction of a rotten egg Pokémon in "Who Gets to Keep Togepi?"

My review to come forthwith.

(I felt like being snarky. Anyone mind?)

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • NO! NOT THIS EPISODE!!!!!!!

*breaks into small rant* I'm complaining!!! WHY CAN'T MISTY JUST GET OUT OF THE WAY AND LET ASH OR BROCK GET THE TOGEPI?! WHY?!
    I mean, Brock can have it because he's a breeder, and Ash could treat it like a father and evolve it to Togetic, but WHY MISTY?! I mean, Misty has no profession! She's just the girl beside Ash, that's it!!!

You know, I was just joking. But shouldn't Togepi land on someone else other than... a girl? Brocko got a Happiny, so why can't he...?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I like this episode because Meowth is so cute. It's hilarious how he wins against brock

The cool remix of the RBY Trainer battle theme plays in this episode, this is the first time it ever plays from what I remember. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn4e3a6sDUo&fmt=18 blah, I only have a dub clip of it...

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    NO! NOT THIS EPISODE!!!!!!!

*breaks into small rant* I'm complaining!!! WHY CAN'T MISTY JUST GET OUT OF THE WAY AND LET ASH OR BROCK GET THE TOGEPI?! WHY?!
    I mean, Brock can have it because he's a breeder, and Ash could treat it like a father and evolve it to Togetic, but WHY MISTY?! I mean, Misty has no profession! She's just the girl beside Ash, that's it!!!

You know, I was just joking. But shouldn't Togepi land on someone else other than... a girl? Brocko got a Happiny, so why can't he...?

well, to answer your question, it's because, UNLIKE Happiny, Togepi didn't set it's eyes on Brock. Actually, that reminds me, Brock didn't seem to know about the fact that Togepi "imprints" on his mom, that is, the very first thing it sees it immediately thinks he/she is it's mom. I mean, considering how Brock probably studied to become a breeder, as well as knew of the basics of raising a Pokemon Egg, why would he NOT know something this simple?

Personally, I didn't think that Togepi was all that bad. I mean, sure, it didn't battle much, but then again, even in the games, it was hinted that it simply wasn't meant to be a battling pokemon (one of the pokedex entries of the Togepi line even goes as far as to hint that they are pacifists and go into hiding whenever a global scale conflict.). Even IF it was indeed all that bad, it seems to get an unjust amount of Hate (some people even going as far as to claim that Misty should never have gotten it in the first place), especially considering how Manaphy was raised by May under similar circumstances (eg, she raised it despite not having any role of raising it as an egg, among other things), and yet the mother/child bond between them remained popular with the fandom, despite being similar and as some people said in regards to Togepi, bad, if not even worse than the relationship between Misty and Togepi (Especially considering the fact that May didn't even TRY to save Manaphy in the climax. I mean, even IF she couldn't swim at the same speed as Phantom, her Squirtle can, so there's no excuse for her cowardice and poor mothership.).

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • An episode I slightly remember that evil Togepi. It was pretty boring and I always avoid this episode at all costs. Nothing else to say really.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2013
    Quite a coincidence this thread came up today, since I watched this episode yesterday. You really felt sad for Meowth. He tried his best.

Back