• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Who has completed or is working towards their dex?

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
  • I have a complete dex. On both versions. On two consoles to boot (a Switch and a Switch lite) , so four save files. It took me a month, but I did it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2019
    completed on shield a few days ago only took about a week its easy when using online forums / message boards/suprise trade. i only play shield not planning on buying sword ever.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pokedex COMPLETE! 😁 After being at 399 for like a week, I finally got foggy weather at Bridge Field and caught the last one, Mimikyu. Yay! 😁

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i'm a little over halfway there now........a bitch strugglin but they Tryin. lack of gts makes it sooo hard to just quickly pick up the base forms of what you need tbh. i tend to just surprise trade constantly just to keep up a cycle of potentially getting something new but i'm starting to reach a point where that likeliness is going down. but i do try to at least trade out stuff that is unique or even things you can easily miss. like i think i'm still missing machop but i have machoke and machamp lol it just be like that

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2020
    I was able to finish mine early because I have a friend that helped me with the version exclusives.

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
  • I finished mine, without hacking! I feel accomplished because prior to this game all I did was hack, always took the easy way, but everything I have done so far is legit and it feels rather nice.
    P.S. My pms are always open for long touch trades to assist in people finishing their dex; I think that my longest was a two hour trade secession. If you have the time, so do I.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Well as of the 1st I have completed my Dex with the help of my friend as he completed his as well.

Years
  • I'm only 20 away from completing it on Sword- the only ones I'm missing are version exclusives. I was lucky to get a few version exclusives from surprise trades (I've been sending out a bunch of hidden ability Snom I got from shiny breeding) but this is where I've always gotten stuck in the past in terms of dex completion. I'm still debating whether I should wait for Pokemon Home to come out and transfer the exclusives in from there, or if I should just find someone to trade with, but it's the fastest I've ever gotten so close to completing it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Finished mine a few days before New Year but have to admit I cheated with the clock settings to get some of the rare Pokémon :<

I had tried to catch as much as I could during the playthrough but some random mons slipped me by until really close to the end, like Phantump and Mimikyu. Happy to help with trades if anyone needs it!

Years
  • Haven't completed the Pokedex yet, but I'm close, I've gotten 365 so far. Most of the ones left are Shield exclusives (I have Sword), some that must be evolved through trading, and some stragglers (Mawile and uh... Karrablast, strangely 😅).

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Nah. Gradually getting towards the end, but going back and forth between trades is helpful.

Last time I checked, I was around 215.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    Finished mine a few days before New Year but have to admit I cheated with the clock settings to get some of the rare Pokémon :<

I had tried to catch as much as I could during the playthrough but some random mons slipped me by until really close to the end, like Phantump and Mimikyu. Happy to help with trades if anyone needs it!

I'll take the help if you don't mind. I only need 19 more

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I wonder if the new Slowpoke will impact the shiny charm..

Lzm

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    I am working toward it but now lack of version exclusive pokemon. I am playing sword version.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I wonder if the new Slowpoke will impact the shiny charm..
    Nope. I got the Shiny Charm after Galarian Slowpoke was released, without obtaining it.

And yes, that means I have the dex complete now in that sense. Thanks to trades from Janna and also Izaya. \o/

Back