• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Who's your starter?

Turtwig, Chimchar, or Piplup?

• Turtwig

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • Piplup

Votes: 54 48.2%

• Total voters

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Still want Chimchar. I can easily get Roserade to cover Grass and one of the many Water mons available to cover Water.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm actually reconsidering Piplup suddenly. Think I've used it for almost all of my replays at this point, as much as I love and want to keep using it. Turtwig would probably be a more interesting choice... and it opens up doors for me to get more attached to Torterra. :D Especially if it ends up getting a mega or something, which has potential to look super cool.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    It's between Piplup and Turtwig at this point. I originally picked Piplup so I might just do that for the first run.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    If I end up getting the game, I will definitely go with turtwig. I think it is an underrated pokemon... or at least that its final evo torterra makes up for the uninteresting pre evos.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hmm, I wasn't a fan of the Sinnoh starters. But since grass types are my thing, I am going for Turtwig.

MachoPony

Resident Brony
    Years
  • that depends, if its using the original DP dex, Chimchar. no question, he's your only fire option besides Rapidash

if its using the plat dex, choice is tougher and i'd be tempted by piplup but i'd still be tempted to take Chimchar anyway

Years
  • It's hard to say which starter I'm going to choose. In my original playthrough of Pokemon Diamond I used Piplup so perhaps I may change things up by using Turtwig this time. I'm not a fan of Chimchar or its evolution line so that rules it out.

Years
  • I'm going with Chimchar for my starter.. I always pick the fire starter every gen since it is one of my favorite types (tied with dragon).

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2021
    I think I'd want to do a Steel run since it sounds interesting, in which case I'd obviously do Piplup :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Probably Empoleon if I decide to mimic my Platinum team from years ago. But if I don't choose Empoleon then it'll likely be Torterra.

Back